R&D Tech Manager - Product, Agile and Engineering Competence, Open to flexible working
R&D Tech Manager - Product, Agile and Engineering Competence Location can be flexible for the right individual
Now is an exciting time to join R&D Tech organization and drive a change in the way we understand, build and deliver Product in a flexible and agile way to meet both the needs of GSK but also accelerate innovation and medicine to our patients. The Manager - Product, Agile and Engineering Competence role will play a significant role in setting our strategic direction in three critical areas.
First is Product, helping R&D Tech Product Teams maturity and evolve their Product maturity, enabling us to work on the right things at the right time and better understand our customer's needs. Agile, helping all roles across the Product Team to maturity their delivery capability by providing them the tools, guidance and visibility they need to make faster decisions. Finally, Engineering Competence. As Product Teams mature their Product and Delivery capability, they need to stay current and have a framework in place which ensures our engineering capabilities skillsets meets the ambition of the organisation but also that it helps and guides their career development.
The Manager- Product, Agile and Engineering Competence role will has accountability across The R&D Tech organisation for monitoring and demonstrating maturity of the organisation. They must demonstrate a wide understanding of Software Engineering (Both On-Prem and Cloud) and have the hands-on skills to administrator and manage tooling which provides visibility and transparency to the organisation .
Own and create Standards, Processes and Guidance for Product Teams to leverage
- Create a clear and concise set of standards cover Product, providing teams a framework in which they can leverage and enable consistency across the R&D Tech Organization
- Create an Agile delivery framework with guidance, ensuring this meets the needs of not only the R&D Tech Product Teams but enables cross dependency and align with other Business Units within the organization.
- Provide an Engineering Competency framework which Product Teams can use to keep pace with the technology being adopted at GSK but also help drive a consistent standard which they can use to further their personal capability and careers.
Own, Manage and accelerate delivery through Tooling
- Manage a Product and Agile tooling stack to create consistency and efficiencies across the R&D Tech organization.
- Ensure tooling is available and configured (by being hands-on) to meet the needs of Product Road mapping and Agile Delivery
- Collaborate with other tech pillars, covering DevSecOps, UX and Test to configure integrations and harmonize the technology tool stacks with the Product and Agile delivery tooling.
Provide Transparency through Business Intelligence
- Manage and configure BI / Visualization Tooling so that Product Teams have a clear understanding of both their Product and Agile Delivery Metrics.
- Collaborate with other tech pillars, covering DevSecOps, UX and Test to create and end to end story, enabling teams to quickly identify problems or investment opportunities to accelerate their delivery.
- Create and manage and single place where teams can visualize their Product Maturity in relation to value streams across Agile, DevSecOps and UX. So that decisions or investment can be made which has a direct impact on the value being delivered to both our customers in R&D Tech and GSK patients.
Coaching, Self-Service Learning and Competence
- Create and manage a coaching capability which can be both strategically and tactically deployed across R&D Tech when required.
- Create and manage a Self-Service learning assets, so that Product Teams understand a clear pathway to achieving expertise and capability in either Product Delivery or Agile Delivery.
- Create and Manage clear learning pathways for our Engineering capability across R&D Tech, ensuring the framework both needs the technology needs of R&D Tech but also a clear career pathway for our engineering capability.
Be an expert across R&D Tech Product Teams who can parachute in when required to root cause analysis Product and Agile Delivery issues or bottlenecks and then hands-on coach the team through to resolution.
- Preferred Bachelors or equivalent industry experience
- At least one form of certification in Scrum or SAFe
Area of Specialization:
- Agile Delivery
- Pharma experience is a nice to have but the industry experience below is most important and can be industry agnostic.
Previous Experience Required:
- Hands on experience working with Agile Delivery Teams across several different technology stacks.
- Strong understanding of SCRUM and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent hands-on people management skills, min of 3 years' experience demonstrated by working with teams across different technologies and disciplines.
- Strong understanding of change and release management
- Experience and exposure to both Agile and DevSecOps delivery.
- Understanding of modern cloud technology stacks covering DevSecOps, Testing and UX.
- Hands on experience configuring at least one Agile tool (Azure DevOps, JIRA etc)
- Hands on experience configuring at least one BI / Visualization Tool (PowerBI, Kibana etc)
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.