Governor Support Officer and Clerks - part time
Haringey Education Partnership has openings for Governor Support Officer and Clerks to join our friendly and high performing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly effective, efficient and self-motivated individuals to join our team.
Key responsibilities of the post include:-
• To act as Clerk to the governing body, working effectively with the Chair of Governors, and with the Headteacher and other governors
• To actively support the governing body in fulfilling its strategic role
• To be responsible for the administration of the governing body and to provide advice and guidance on procedures, legislation and local and national developments in school governance as appropriate
• To attend twice termly briefings and other training as required
• Provide a comprehensive and effective administrative support service to the head teacher, the chair and other governors as appropriate ensuring that proceedings are conducted in accordance with all relevant legislation and guidance
• Produce, collate and distribute the agenda and papers so that recipients receive them by email seven clear days, in advance of the meeting
• Record the attendance of governors both at the meeting and after through the Governors Services database, or other portal that may be used and take appropriate action as required
• Ensure that all paperwork is uploaded onto the Governors Services database or other portal as required
• Advise the governing body on governance legislation, DfE guidance and disseminate procedural matters provided by Haringey Education Partnership, before, during and after the meeting
• Take notes of the governing body meetings and prepare minutes, including indicating who is responsible for any agreed action, and follow-up as appropriate within agreed timescales (10 schooldays for the production of draft minutes)
• Chair that part of the meeting at which the chair is elected
• Input and update changes into the Governors’ Services database in respect governors’ details
• Inform Governors Services of newly appointed governors including details of terms of office
• Ensure that the database records are updated and that Governors’ Services are informed of actions taken
• Maintain copies of current terms of reference and membership of committee and working parties and nominated governors e.g. SEN
• Advise governors and appointing bodies of expiry of the term of office before term expires so elections or appointments can be organised in a timely manner
• Inform the governing body, Governors Services and church authority (if appropriate) of any changes to its membership
• Maintain governor meeting attendance records and advise the governing body of non-attendance of governors.
• Advise that a register of governing body pecuniary interests is maintained, reviewed annually and lodged within the school
• Check with the local authority, and, where appropriate, the church authority, that Disclosure has been successfully carried out on any governor as required
Advice and Information
• Advise the governing body on procedural issues and on keeping records as appropriate
• Support the headteacher in ensuring statutory policies are in place, and are reviewed as required by the governing body
• Maintain records of governing body correspondence
• Attend termly briefings and participate in professional development opportunities
• Keep up-to-date with current educational developments and legislation affecting school governance
Salary: Up to £237.51 per governing body meeting plus generous pension
Please note that this role requires working outside of normal business hours as most governing board meetings take place in the evenings.
To apply, please submit a comprehensive CV along with a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 setting out your interest in the role.