Advice Service Manager - open to flexible working with some homeworking
We are Business Disability Forum. We believe the 26 million people in the UK and over 1 billion people worldwide with disabilities and long-term conditions enhance the social and economic health of our societies. We help remove barriers in business structures and Government that prevent disabled people from thriving and making their contribution to the world.
We are unique. There are many great disability charities and disabled persons’ organisations. Our niche is our expertise in disability as it affects business.
Happy to discuss various flexible working options and we are looking at moving to a hybrid working model as an organisation so this will be a mix of homeworking with travel to the London office.
The key elements to this role are to;
- Manage and co-deliver the services provided by Business Disability Forum’s Advice Service including acting as referral point for complex queries.
- Delivery of the Business Disability Forum Peer Learning Network.
- Support the delivery of the Business Disability Forum internal upskilling programme.
- Support the delivery of the Disability Smart products, in particularly providing advice and guidance on completed self-assessments, carrying out Disability Smart Audits and quality assuring audits completed by other members of the Business Partnerships Team.
- Support Partner retention by acting as the main point of contact for a maximum of 2 Partners.
- Experience of managing an advice or information-based function or service.
- Advising businesses on diversity and inclusion related situations.
- Working in human resources, talent management, or organisation development to at least adviser level.
- A confident communicator – including presenting to small groups of people, facilitating group sessions, webinars, and writing clear and information documents, emails, and presentations.
- High level of understanding and knowledge of the Equality Act 2010.
- Knowledge of disability related legislation in employment, education, and consumer contexts.
For the full job description and person specification of this role and instructions on how to apply please visit our website via the 'Apply' button below.
Closing date for applications: 27 June 2021.
First interviews are planned for the week commencing 12 July 2021.
Second interviews are likely to take place in the week commencing 19 July 2021.
Business Disability Forum is committed to ensuring that all its information, products and services are as accessible as possible to everyone.
We are committed to becoming disability-smart and an employer of choice irrespective of race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity. The ethical and business case of ensuring that our workforce is representative of wider society is at the heart of what we do. When we are recruiting, disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria will be offered an interview”.