Programme Development Manager, 4-5 days per week, home-based
If you want to develop networks and relationships to build local communities across the country, then this is the ideal job for you.
This role is pivotal for FoodCycle’s growth strategy to build sustainable Community Dining Projects. The post holder will identify opportunities to increase the number of Projects in each region predominately from Newcastle to Bedford and will work in close collaboration with Regional Managers and a Research officer to deliver on ambitious 3-year growth strategy.
The role is homebased with occasional travel to the London office. We are open to discuss your flexible working requirements and can consider the role as a 4 or 5 day option (minimum 30 hours per week)
Main aim of this role
To establish and get ready for launch new community dining projects in multiple FoodCycle regions. You will develop a network of community organisations and relationships with local authorities, councils, church groups and other charities to find suitable locations where FoodCycle can open new Projects. You will identify where we will find our guests, volunteers, venues and surplus food in multiple towns and cities predominantly from Newcastle to Bedford and get our Projects to the stage where they can be opened and supported by our team of Regional Managers. You will seek to continuously be building an excellent pipeline of new Projects. You naturally build great relationships and will enjoying sharing your wealth of knowledge around community network, volunteers and community spaces in order for FoodCycle to support more people who are facing hunger and loneliness.
Development and Growth
• Identifying new areas to open Projects working with Regional Managers to ensure a successful launch.
• Reviewing and researching new venues that can host FoodCycle projects, ensuring that they are up to standard from a perspective of Environmental Health, can facilitate large community groups, have sources of surplus food and align with the FoodCycle mission and values.
• Supporting and working collaboratively with 3 Regional Managers in your area to reach growth targets (15 – 20 new projects a year)
• Working with the Marketing Team to publicise new project openings and to start recruitment of strong Project Leader Teams for Regional Managers to take forward training and induction.
• Sharing information and best practice to test the implementation of new Projects.
• Establish strong foundations for effective partnerships whilst considering how potential partners’ missions align with that of FoodCycle and ensuring diversity of the partner organisations to support new growth
• Provide proactive contact with individual venue partners through their senior leadership team and trustees
• Respond to all enquiries surrounding opening of new FoodCycle projects from potential external partnerships, community groups and food networks with your own expertise or sourcing this from within the Programmes Team.
• Develop an understanding of the needs of current Regions to inform programmes and priorities.
• Support the brokerage of collaborative partnerships between Regional Managers and key partner venues, community groups, surplus food sources, Public Health etc. after a new Project has opened.
• Undertake a joint analysis of the 3 regions you are seeking to grow and support the development of a collaborative planning process to ensure a strong and shared sense of purpose within the Programmes team.
• Collect data and feedback throughout the development project providing regular updates and learning reports to the Senior Management Team and relevant Regional Manager.
• Lead on specific projects area already identified prior to starting this post as agreed with your Line Manager.
• Liaise with Marketing and Fundraising staff as required for each project opening.
• Provide regular reports for funders and SMT on progress with projects as appropriate.
• Manage project opening budgets and look a ways for getting value for money with new venues
• Develop and produce best practice toolkits on opening and growth of Projects in collaboration with other members of your team.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application.