Process Engineer, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
Responsible for the process development, scale-up, and technology transfer of new products for New Product Development (NPD) projects for semi-solid and liquid Oral Care products. This position covers a broad range of challenges - from pioneering new technology routes to strengthening existing formulations, validating processes, and establishing networks of external academic collaborators, suppliers and external partners.
Develops manufacturing processes at all stages of the development process, taking into account scientific and timing objectives. Will serve as the point of contact for resourcing of process development activities for new product development pipeline projects within the Scale Up Team.
- Manage the manufacturing, scale-up of development batches, conduct technology transfer of new products into commercial manufacturing facilities, and implement cleaning verification/validation of process equipment as needed, to the required cGMP and Health & Safety standards
- Manage the manufacture of new products at pilot plant scale to supply product for use in pivotal stability and commercial trials
- Develops in-depth understanding of the new products in terms of formulation, processing, and their interactions
- Write and/or review/authorise GMP-critical documentation, such as experimental reports, validation protocols, batch records, development and technology transfer reports
- Lead the scale-up/down between Laboratory, Pilot & Commercial scale
- Plan and implement process development experiments at laboratory and/or pilot plant scale, using agreed Operational Excellence/Quality by Design tools such as TRA and DoE.
- Capable of planning, executing and delivering manufacturing campaigns within specified timeframes. Comfortable operating processing equipment and an ability to quickly learn new equipment.
- Able to manage work load including time management.
- Work within multifunctional teams, building good working relationships with all parties and be point of contact for some projects whilst supporting other projects as well.
- Support of equipment validation
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
- Demonstrated experience of working within a cGMP regulated environment (Medical Device, Licenced Products)
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and scale-up processes for Oral Care products from pilot plant scale to full scale manufacturing
- Provide engineering and processing knowledge to assist in driving new innovative platform technologies into commercial manufacturing facilities
- Competent at problem solving and understanding processes through applying fundamental scientific and engineering principles
- Develop scale-up/down understanding and product/process characterisation
- Lead the scale-up/down between laboratory, pilot & commercial scale, developing an understanding or developing scaling rules that can be used by other engineers
- Demonstrated understanding of process validation principles
- Good mathematical ability - statistics and design of experiments (DoE) experience an advantage
- Excellent communication and team working skills - able to interact with people at all levels from shop floor operators to Senior management
- Demonstrated flexibility; ability to adjust working plans and manage time to accommodate the dynamic nature of real-life projects.
- Computer literate - able to operate email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.