QC Analyst, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
Here at GSK, we are looking for a skilled QC Analyst to join our talented team here in Stevenage.
As a QC Analyst you will be responsible for the routine testing of various samples for internally and externally manufactured Biopharm products. You will also be responsible for ensuring that analytical tests are successfully transferred, and method validation is performed where appropriate.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Perform analysis of samples submitted from both internal and external manufacturing sites.
- Test samples utilising a range of chemical, biochemical and biological tests.
- Apply knowledge of physico-chemistry testing to the provision of product testing and stability data.
- Work with the line manager or designated analyst to interpret test results.
- Maintain detailed laboratory records in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Ensure that all records and test results are accurately prepared and checked, peer reviewed prior to submission for approval for authorisation.
- Record deviations from the normal practice and out of specification results appropriately and report them to the line manager; assist with investigations product and test anomalies.
- Deliver and assess formal training programmes for staff and trainees as required.
- Write, review and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and associated pro-forma used within the laboratory.
- Participate in the validation of test methods and equipment used in analysis.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Here at GSK, we are seeking someone that is passionate and able to 'roll up their sleeves' when needed and in return we will offer fantastic career progression and the opportunity to engage with Senior Stakeholders, allowing you to shape and contribute to the success of the business.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Understanding of cGMP compliance.
- Knowledge of data review principles.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong planning, organisational and problem-solving ability.
- Able to communicate effectively across all levels of the business.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Degree level education in Science or Engineering related discipline.
- Understand the principles of immunological assays.
- Competent in the use of corporate IT systems and software analysis packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of biochemical techniques and analytical disciplines aligned to chemistry.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.