Procurement Manager - Capital Construction Services, Open to flexible working
GSK have a new role within Facilities, Capital and Logistics Procurement for a Facilities, Capital and Logistics Procurement, Capital Construction Services Manager.
This role sits in Capital Construction Services (CCS) Team. This team is responsible to maximize the delivery of Capital Projects thanks to robust Project Contracting & Procurement strategy, strong Capex Category Strategies, efficient supplier's management and appropriate Partnering with internal stakeholders (e.g. engineering, finance, HSE).
The Procurement Category managed by CCS team are Engineering and Design Services, Project Controls and Project Management Services and Trade Contractors (e.g. HVAC and Electrical installation, piping installation, cleanrooms and civil works).
As a Facilities, Capital and Logistics Procurement, Capital Construction Services Manager you will be operating in a complex, multi-stakeholder and cross-functional environment. You will contribute to design and implement sourcing strategies of Construction Services Categories and Capex Projects, with a strong focus across UK and Republic of Ireland region. Depending on the Capex needs, you may support also supporting other regions.
In this role, you will work with and influence stakeholders to ensure GSK is leveraging scale, creating best in class partnerships with key contractors and suppliers and delivering quality end user, infrastructure services and construction activities in a cost-conscious manner.
- Maximize the delivery of key capex projects of the region
- Procurement partner for capex projects/capex portfolio in the region, supported for the packages sourcing by category owners/contingent workers
- Define & deliver Contracting and Procurement strategies for capex projects/capex portfolio in the region dealing with complex sourcing, logistics and quality issues in a fast paced and challenging environment, supported with other Capex Categories Owners
- Capex Project Packages sourcing and contracting according to Contracting and Procurement strategies
- Support Contract Management (e.g. escalation)
- Manage relationship with main contractors and conduct regular business reviews
- Promote innovation and ideas coming from supplier base to challenge internal position to reduce cost and timing
- Sourcing and implementation of CCS categories Framework Agreements in the Region, as per construction categories strategies
- Define Region implementation roadmap addressing Region needs and priorities and leverage scale
- Execute competitive selection, negotiation and contracting
- Manage relationship with selected suppliers and ensure contract management
- Support category strategy for assigned category, (e.g. internal analysis, external market analysis, strategic options, sourcing, etc.)
- Depending on project workload, supervise contingent worker(s) to support your activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (Economics, Business, etc)
- Chartered Institute of Procurement or Procurement certification would be beneficial
- Proven procurement experience , with Procurement experience across Capex/Construction or Indirect Categories is highly preferable. Experience in Life sciences background is a plus
- Ideally having a good understanding about technical/construction services categories
- Good experience across key procurement processes:
- Category strategy and category management
- Market analysis
- Full end-to-end sourcing process on defined purchasing categories: request for information / request for proposals / request for quotations / request for solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use negotiation and conflict resolution skills to protect GSK rights and interests Contract Management
- Supplier Performance Evaluation & Supplier Relationship Management
- NEC4 contract experience
- Good leadership and communication skills e.g. easiness to communicate and influence Senior Management Stakeholders
- Strong strategic thinking
- Ability to develop strategy based on experience, data, business needs and market knowledge
- Demonstrated ability in managing categories is required, particularly with respect to developing & implementing strategies
- Learning agility and continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to leverage experience and industry knowledge to continuously motivate change both inside & outside area of direct responsibilities
- Agility in never ending change environment e.g. ability to influence & adapt behaviours in a changing/evolving environment
- Ability to work in a complex and multi-cultural environment
- Strong synthesis and analytical skills ability to extract key information from complex set of data
- Good financial skills
- Result, value and performance oriented
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 11th June 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you are being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.