Senior Java Software Engineer (Markets & Trading) - Flexible working, homeworking
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Senior Java Software Engineer (Markets & Trading) x2 positions
Lloyds Banking Group
London based (please only apply if able to work in this location 2-3 days post covid)
Salary & Benefits: £77,355 to £105,239 base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and regular home working.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading bank with over 30m customers and its biggest digital bank, with over 13 million active online customers. We've placed an ambitious transformation programme and a multi-channel approach to banking at the heart of our strategy to be the best bank for customers, backed by significant investment in our platforms and people.
This role is within the Sales and Trading Lab within the Markets Division of Group Transformation, responsible for the trading applications and work closely with the front office sales staff.
So what exactly would I be responsible for?
You will work as a senior developer within the team and to develop low latency Java based software through the full software development lifecycle and post go-live support.
At Lloyds Banking Group our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers. The role of our Senior Software Engineers is vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect.
We are in the exciting position of having funding and approval to fully redevelop our FX Trading Platform which you would be heavily involved in.
Here is a full list of the activities which you might be involved in during your role, but not all at the same time!
- You'll deliver the highest quality low latency, object orientated Java applications, driven on behalf of the customer, whist continually challenging, motivating, mentoring and supporting the teams.
- Work in cross-disciplinary feature teams delivering exciting customer driven solutions and high quality software.
- Work hands-on alongside engineering colleagues to understand and develop their own technical domain knowledge and takes responsibility for their actions.
- Work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well-defined, complex and often non-routine.
- Adapt to new technologies being used within Lloyds and the wider industry whilst bringing those around them on the same journey.
- Understand the importance of quality and hence create and implement approaches, guidelines, principles defined by themselves and their Engineering and Chapter Lead peers.
- You'll work with partners to advocate engineering excellence and deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles.
- You'll support the engineering community by providing deep domain and technical expertise and providing a voice to engineers to identify and support the resolution of issues.
- You'll ensure technical debt and releases are prioritised accordingly.
- You'll be able to continually develop yourself with industry standard methodology methods and tooling used across the engineering teams.
What are we looking for from those who apply?
This is a critical senior software engineer role working within our trading office, so we aim to recruit our strongest developers in this area who have excellent Java software engineering skills, knowledge of trading platforms (ideally FX) and are used to working within the world of trading.
Those are the main skills and knowledge we will look for when considering those who apply and worth mentioning that we have a very diverse team in terms of our personalities and cultural backgrounds.
So as a minimum to apply and success in this role, we would need to see;
- Experience as a senior developer or someone ready to make the move into a senior development role.
- Having previously focused on the development of Java based (including strong Object Orientated) low latency electronic trading applications. This is critical for us.
- FX Trading products knowledge.
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools - experience with UrbanCode and Team City would be beneficial
- Demonstrated experience in Multi-threading
In terms of desirable skills, if you have any of the following that would be beneficial but please still apply if you have the minimum experience detailed above;
- Being well versed with modern technologies like cloud and containers, Microservices, distributed architecture and passionate about agile, lean development practices, Continuous Integration/Continuous Development, DevOps, SRE.
- Experience of developing using modern UIs
- Working experience in streaming, messaging and RESTful APIs
- Demonstrated knowledge of common design patterns such as MVVM, IoC, etc
What will you get in return?
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best in our people.
You'll have the opportunity to help develop our next FX Trading Platform. We're a great team, with great people and we pay high salaries in this area.
Together we'll make it possible…