Senior Counsel, Global Medical, EU MA & PV, Open to flexible working
3 days left
- Contract Type
Are you energized by a high-profile legal role that allows you to shape policies and procedures to positively impact the business? If so, this Senior Legal Counsel, Global Medical Affairs, Pharmacovigilance (PV) & European Medical Affairs (EU MA) role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
Senior Legal Counsel, Global Medical Affairs, Pharmacovigilance (PV) & European Medical Affairs (EU MA) will be providing strategic legal advice to European Regional Medical Direction, QPPV and Head of Clinical Safety & Pharmacovigilance (PV), as well as their Leadership Teams. In the European specific role, this position will counsel European Medical functions, such as European Medical Therapy Areas (Oncology, Specialty, Respiratory), European Country Medical Directors, and Medical Engagement Capabilities & Enablement. In the Pharmacovigilance role, this position will counsel Safety Innovation & Analytics, Operations, Clinical Safety Groups (Oncology, Specialty, Vaccines), Safety Governance, Data Analytics, and PV Capabilities. As legal counsel for Global Medical Affairs you will be dealing with a wide range of legal issues that span the life cycle of a pharmaceutical asset. Key activities and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Member of European Medical Affairs LT
- Providing strategic advice to Regional and TA Medical teams regarding Medical activities with HCPs, Payers, and patients.
- Providing strategic counseling and assisting with governance concerning engagement with patient organizations
- Advising on innovative channels for distribution of information and engagement with HCPs
- Counseling on innovative digital practices and data analytics
- Counsel on appropriate interfaces between Commercial/Marketing and Medical
- Counseling on European and Global Pharmacovigilance issues
- Member of Safety Executive Team
- Member of Global Safety Board, which includes safety issues from Oncology, Respiratory, Specialty, Vaccines, and Classic and Established Products
- Counseling on Global Medical Initiatives
- Partnering with Compliance and other legal stakeholders to conduct of investigations of alleged compliance violations
- Working with compliance, other legal stakeholders and business stakeholders, identifying areas for training.
- Developing European and Global policy and SOPs regarding medical governance
- Position will require you to work in a matrix setting with various stakeholders in Legal (Local lawyers, R&D lawyers, Manufacturing & Supply lawyers, Digital and Privacy lawyers) as well as within the Global Business (Regulatory, Medical, Commercial, Compliance) across therapeutic areas (Oncology, Respiratory, Specialty & Vaccines). Will also interact with senior leaders in Legal, Medical and Commercial Business.
This position will be based in Europe and will report to Head of Legal Global Medical. Expected travel will be minimal (< 20%).
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- J.D. with Bar Qualification
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Law, Life Science/Healthcare Law, Corporate Law
- Experience working with Pharmacovigilance or Medical Affairs groups within Pharma
- Experience in non-promotional and promotional activities
- Strategic thinker who is able to provide practical resolutions and help resolve conflicts.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.