Reshaping Results Assistant Director, Open to flexible working
Reshaping Results Assistant Director (Senior Manager), Strategy and Transactions Origination
As one of EY’s connected capital solutions, Reshaping Results Provides trusted leadership in urgent, critical and complex situations to rapidly solve business challenges, sustainably improve results and help companies reshape for a better future. Given the current economic environment, our clients are facing urgent, critical and complex situations which require multi-disciplinary skills and solutions to help clients transform their financial and operational performance through Value Creation, Value Preservation and Value Recovery. These are the 3 pillars of Reshaping Results.
- Value Creation and Value Preservation seek to intervene with clients at an early point (early signs of stress or underperformance) to return the company to health through rapid performance improvement, financial and operational turnaround. The route to market is through the company directly
- Value Recovery is needed when a company has lost control and cannot ‘rescue’ itself (is in distress) and includes restructuring and insolvency advisory support. The route to market is through the intermediary channels (lenders, credit/hedge funds, lawyers, other third party stakeholders)
The Reshaping Results (RR) Origination team is an entrepreneurial team within SaT focused on generating new business for the 3 pillars of RR, looking at both corporate and intermediary channels. The team is currently made up of c.10 people and growing, with resource both onshore and offshore. The team uses technology and external resources to scan the market and identify stressed and distressed opportunities across all sectors.
Currently the Origination team is led by a Director, and supported by London professional staff on a secondment basis, with a permanent offshore team. The new AD position is designed to assist the Director in growing and further developing the RR Origination function as the marketplace and stakeholders evolve.
We are looking for a highly motivated, driven candidate with strong financial acumen and a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful and growing origination team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly throughout a period a growth. #LI-P
Your key responsibilities
- Conduct comprehensive research and financial analysis on companies, industries and sectors to identify triggers for corporate and intermediary opportunities
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
- Able to identify key angles and situations for origination and suggest workable solutions drawing on experience and relationships to progress opportunities
- Build effective relationships at all levels across RR pillars to drive initiatives focused on generating opportunities and producing content to take to market
- Mentor, lead and develop the team
- Help develop tools and processes to establish efficiency within the team including leveraging EY innovation tools
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent financial analysis and written skills
- Strategically and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with exceptional analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive effective engagement with practitioners and clients
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Entrepreneurial spirit
To qualify for the role you must have
- Approximately 5+ years of experience as a financial analyst, (eg. Performing business reviews, due diligence reports, light modelling, investment thesis) preferably in a professional services or banking environment
- Proven track record in origination and business development
- Experience of working with stressed/distressed companies
- Strong team orientation and ability to lead, train and mentor juniors
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are required
Ideally you’ll also have
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Track record of working across teams in a professional services environment
- Own network of contacts with work providers or appetite to build one
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.