Private Clients Account Manager, Open to flexible working
Justerini & Brooks was founded in London in 1749 and has been supplying fine wine and spirits to every successive British Monarch since 1761. For over 270 years Justerini & Brooks has looked after the needs of the discerning private collector looking for quality wine, spirits, expertise and personal service. The company has sales offices in London, Edinburgh and Hong Kong, from which it manages customers based in 49 different countries.
This role has direct financial accountabilities around the development of a customer base, and where the salesperson will manage their customers ensuring targeted sales, cash management and set margins are met. The key purpose of this role is to build and develop and successfully manage a portfolio of customers looking to access to the company’s portfolio.
The fine wine and spirits markets are competitive and demanding. The focus is to continually develop our sales service in line with changing markets and our clients’ needs. The company’s aim is to develop long-standing customer relationships by ensuring our salespeople offer tailored, market leading advice and service to our customers. This role would be responsible for developing our private customer base in London and help run associated customer and grower events and dinners in London. The role will work directly with the Buying and Broking teams in London and would share the offers the UK private client sales team received.
About the role:
- To be targeted to develop private client sales opportunities and to grow the reputation of Justerini & Brooks as the preferred choice for the discerning collector.
- To manage the J&B portfolio – wine and whisky - to required standards, and in line with business needs.
- To provide support for key business initiatives that help to develop and market the Justerini & Brooks business.
- To effectively manage credit relationships with customers, both personally and at team level.
- To always act with utmost integrity and operate within the appropriate compliance and control environment as set by the business.
- A commercial individual who will drive outstanding results from market insights, energy and commitment. Develop business opportunities and a customer portfolio through personal contacts and a focus on networking, and to provide wider support for key business initiatives.
- Displays and encourages in others a real commitment to customers’ needs and a passion for J&B’s portfolio & values.
- An adaptable and positive approach to new challenges and changes. Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills are required.
- Creates commercial possibilities, and great relationships that are honest, open and respect the individual capabilities of others.
- Consistently delivers great performance as an individual and through the team.
- Grow yourself through self awareness.
- The focus is to provide an effective, high growth and profitable sales base by working to grow and manage a private customer base.
- Proven sales and client management track record, with experience of successfully networking at this level.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Extensive use of PC applications: advanced Excel; intermediate Word; MS Outlook required Wine qualifications preferred (WSET diploma)
- Experience on a drinks related ERP/stock system preferred.
The role is officially based from St James St, London, though current Covid-19 restrictions mean that you may need to work from home for sustained periods of time.