Funds Tax Associate Director, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
A dynamic role for an able & enthusiastic Funds Tax advisory and compliance Associate Director/Manager. They will support the team lead in growing and delivering the GT offering in the Private Equity and other alternatives funds tax space. As well as providing tax advice and tax compliance services at various levels in clients’ fund and management structures, they will proactively engage in business development and as part of this create their own network of client relationships in the industry.
The benefit we bring to our Fund clients is fully integrated advice at Funds, Deals and Portfolio levels, and the right person will additive to our integrated offering to our target Private Equity funds market.
Let’s talk about the job
Daily you will encounter diverse assignments, with new and interesting challenges. From the start, you will have direct and regular client contact sometimes at senior levels. Here are some things you can expect from this Funds Tax role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right and showing strong attention to detail whilst having the capability to stand back and understand the bigger picture.
- Own your own work. We have a well-developed system of 4-eyes review. For this to be fully effective, an Associate Director / Manager will be expected to produce work of a standard that they would be happy to issue direct to a client, before the review process.
- Be a part of a team. You will be part of a highly motivated but also friendly and supportive team of 16 tax advisers facing the private equity market. The team contains an internal funds unit and connections with the GTUK national network of partnership and personal tax specialists. You will be reporting to a Director who heads up the funds unit.
- Take responsibility. The candidate will analyse structures and prepare tax advisory slide-packs and either prepare or co-ordinate preparation of funds and personal tax computations and returns. You would also become involved in providing funds tax input/overlay on deal structuring matters.
- Build your brand. Through participation in regular internal calls on opportunities in the Private Equity market, you will publicise your brand internally and collaborate with others in going to market, as well as leverage the relationships you create directly with clients, becoming known for the quality and creativity of your advice.
The minimum criteria
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way. These are:-
- Three years or more of UK partnership and/or personal tax compliance experience
- CTA or similar qualification
- Experience of cross-border aspects such as double tax treaty matters and the relevance of transfer pricing to fund management structures
Skills to set you apart
It would really help if you can show evidence of the following:-
- Confidence to speak to clients and strong communication skills
- A problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work under pressure (when occasionally required)
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.