Financial Services Tax Manager, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
We are an industry focused specialist team based within Grant Thornton’s Financial Services Group in London. We advise a wide range of financial institutions, from large international banks, asset managers and insurance companies to UK based private equity and alternative funds, as well as start-up fintech companies on a wide range of tax matters. Our partners and directors are well known and respected in the market and the work we deliver is technically challenging, creative and requires us to work closely with our clients’ businesses.
The team provides mainly tax advisory and M&A services, as well as the provision of corporate and partnership tax compliance services. We go to market alongside other tax colleagues, delivering wholistic advice covering the full range of non-corporate taxes. We are generally the main point of contact for the client for all taxes.
The team has experienced significant growth in recent years, and we are looking for a manager to join our expanding team to help support the delivery of these services and enable us to further develop our offerings. The role will be focused on working with other team members to deliver a wide range of tax services to our financial services clients. There will be opportunities to develop a deep knowledge and experience of the sector and get exposure to a wider variety of areas of tax including mergers & acquisitions, international tax, finance & treasury tax, tax audits and group restructuring. You can be certain that as a manager within our team you will be joining a group which offers you unrivalled opportunities to work on a broad range of advisory opportunities from smaller inbound clients to huge multinationals. The role offers significant opportunities for career and professional development.
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities, and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Financial Services Tax Manager role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You’ll be given significant exposure to clients, working alongside large and complex financial institutions to manage their tax compliance obligations
- Be a part of a team. You’ll be working within a high performing, specialist financial services team that will support your development and enable you to thrive
- Take responsibility. You’ll be given early responsibility for producing high quality client deliverables whilst developing your commercial understanding of different types of financial institutions, how they operate in different business, product and geographical areas. You will also have financial management responsibilities, overseeing billing and debtor management
- Build your brand. You’ll have access to the firm’s training and development opportunities to broaden your technical and commercial skillsets. You’ll have the opportunity to network internally and are afforded a great deal of access to our Partner and Director team.
The minimum criteria
You will have a Tax/accounting qualification, with some post qualification experience.
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Excellent tax technical skills and a desire to learn more in areas that may not be in your skillset currently
- Strong commitment to client service, looking to add value at all times
- Clear and effective communication style to work with clients and internal teams
- Strong team player, make sure you ask questions and be ready to challenge, good at managing others
- You’ll take ownership of client work, thinking around the subject and seeing things from the client perspective
- Commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice; ability to apply knowledge of fundamental tax principles in identifying potential technical issues and opportunities
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.