Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) Assistant Manager, Open to flexible working
Milton Keynes (Victoria House), Birmingham (The Colmore Building), Leeds (No 1 Whitehall Riverside), London (30 Finsbury Square), Manchester (4 Hardman Square), Reading (1020 Eskdale Road), Sheffield (1 Holly Street)
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team were established to help our clients overcome significant challenges, where they could be a potential knowledge/skillset gap or lack of resource. They work directly with Finance teams to help them deliver business critical projects. These can range from more simple issues e.g. year end accounting to working with firms going through more complex issues e.g. IPOs and M&A. The FAAS team sits within our Advisory (Deals & Business Consulting) division and work closely with a range of clients across different industry sectors. If you are looking to work on an exciting range of projects, then this could be the team for you.
Location: We are looking for this candidate to work with our teams across the UK. There will be a requirement to travel to our client sites across our main hubs Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Birmingham or London.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Financial Accounting Advisory Services Assistant Manager role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. Our Assistant Managers are pivotal to our client engagements and take the lead in delivering our high quality services. This is a client-facing role, and you will be responsible for leading teams on and off-site, delivering technical and non-technical accounting project.
- Be a part of a team. The FAAS team provide a fully-managed service that provides on-demand, expert support to our clients' finance teams. We provide accountancy, advisory and project management support across a wide-range of industries from larger SMEs to listed entities with overseas operations. We have a flexible team and great quality people, that our clients love to work with.
- Take responsibility. You’ll undertake secondments to support clients through business critical issues.
- Build your brand. We are looking for collaborative individuals with good communication skills that want to work with a diverse client base.
The minimum criteria
- You will need to be a fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/equivalent) and be passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential.
- Ideally you will have gained your experience in a practice environment e.g. external Audit.
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Financial process and internal systems review and improvement
- Project management
- Delivery of statutory accounts preparation and consolidations
- Preparation of year end 'audit packs' and helping clients to be ready for audit
- Support in transitioning to new accounting standards and financial reporting changes
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
- Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
- Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.