Digital Innovation Director - Quality and Labs, Open to flexible working
Are you energized by a global Digital Innovation role that requires strategic thinking and extensive internal and external engagement? If so, this Digital Innovation Director - Quality & Labs role for GSK could be an exciting opportunity for you to explore.
We are a FTSE10 Science-Led Healthcare Company. We research, develop and manufacture a broad range of innovative medicines and vaccines. Our purpose is to help people do more, feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
The Digital Innovation Director leads a team of both direct and matrix reports, consisting of engineers, data scientists, data engineers, visualisation specialists, project managers and site project teams to scope, develop and implement innovative technology solutions and projects across the PSC organisation.
The innovation director works directly with head of Tech Digital Innovation and other senior members of the team to develop and implement the project portfolio. Outside of the team, the sphere of influence of the Innovation director includes all levels of the organisation. From the PSC President (incl. Leadership Team (LT)), SVP PSC Tech (incl. LT), Site director(s) (Including LT) for project proposal/approval, stakeholder alignment and strategic direction; all the way to the factory shop floor/operations personnel for solution design and implementation.
These projects led by the Innovation director are strategic in nature, often seen as key vehicles of step change in product and operations performance and/or are key enablers for it.
You will get an opportunity to lead on the following business critical aspects:
- Accountable for leading and delivering multiple high-profile projects across multiple sites with project teams consisting of technical personnel, site project teams, data scientists, data engineers and project managers both in a direct report and matrix capacity
- Working, with the Head of TDI, and directly to communicate and influence senior members of PSC organisation (Including PSC president, SVP Tech, Site Directors and their respective LTs) to drive and implement strategic projects
- Accountable for working with the PSC organisation for identifying opportunity, evaluating a solution including developing the cost benefit analysis for the solution, gaining stakeholder approval and being accountable for the implementation of the innovation solution within the organisation
- Accountable for ensuring development and timely delivery of the project including stakeholder management and resolving conflicts/challenges where needed to enable at-pace delivery
- Working with Head of TDI to contribute to the development of high-level strategic programs for senior stakeholders, program PIPs and accountable for developing the execution strategies for these programs
- Accountable for providing technical input where needed based on area of speciality and experience
- Accountable for ensuring the delivery of business value associated with the project
- Accountable for ensuring successful interaction, and delivery of any third-party partners involved in the implementation of a project
- Accountable for evaluating third party partners and offered solutions for application within the PSC organisation
- Working with the Head of TDI and leading the organisation and execution of various project steering team forums
- Create technology options which include appropriate cyber security functionality
To be successful in this business-critical role you will require:
- Engineering or other scientific/technical field along with a significant knowledge of computer science, programming and manufacturing operations
- Experience in working in the pharmaceutical industry
- An advance level of cyber security expertise
- Strong leadership, influencing, communication and organisational skill
- Experience in engagement of senior executives to drive strategic decisions and projects
- Proven capability of leading teams of multi-disciplined specialists, both in a direct report and matrix teams
- Strong technical foundation with a wide breadth and depth of technical knowledge
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.