Global Payroll Business Analyst - FTC (MAY 2022), Open to flexible working
We are seeking 2 "Global Payroll Business Analysts" to act as process "subject matter experts" to join our CH HR Separation Readiness Global Payroll Team. This is a complex but exciting area supporting the future delivery of payroll. The outcome of the broader program is to ensure we have two separate world class companies some time mid-2022.
Reporting to the Global Separation Payroll Lead, you will support the Global Payroll Program & Regional Payroll Leads and local teams to successfully deliver payroll solutions in preparedness for separating the Consumer Healthcare business for one of our3regions, EMEA, APAC and the Americas. The roles will own the overall project documentation for the project and Payroll end to end steps.
Within this role you will:
- Ensure strong process expertise, understanding and proactive management of scope, plans, risks, issues, dependencies and benefits in line with the payroll separation objectives and priorities.
- Be challenge driven, comfortable in complex and evolving organisations, and relishes the opportunity to lead and create something new that drives future payroll separation activities.
- Be a good listener and a natural problem solver, able to look at a multitude of data points and make sense of what's important and what's not, balancing perfection vs. pragmatism.
- Be happy working and supporting different stakeholders across payroll, related process & system separation areas and across the organisations global / local functions when demonstrating accountability for your areas of responsibility.
- Develop new process documentation and/or update existing documentation to reflect indicated changes, identifying gaps and opportunities, then partnering with various stakeholders to bring News CH processes to life across payroll. This may include areas such as (but not limited to): handover and communication materials, process improvement, simplification and standardisation; adherence/adoption of global standards; identifying and promoting external best practice and ensuring compliant with new GDPR rules.
- Develop detailed E2E process and country blueprints, understanding and ensuring these are clearly understood by all stakeholders (Finance, HR, Tech, Procurement) when validating and/or designing future New CH business processes. This will also include the integration of processes into the overall HR service delivery model and consideration of the customer experience.
- Support the E2E testing of processes for payroll with all stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and influence in future payroll separation planning activities and meetings, ensuring work is prioritised based on business value and defined plan.
- Support the teams with a mindset of continuous improvement and optimisation across future processes, tools and technology.
- Understand process dependencies and compliance and ensure risks / issues are clearly tracked and understood by key stakeholders.
- Support the Regional Lead to ensure seamless handover of payroll separation for the region projects to our BAU (business as usual) partners so that systems are supported, and correct processes and escalation management is in place
- Experience in coordinating Payroll Testing and end to end process testing ( Workday Preferable)
- A strong understanding of business process improvement with the ability to produce high quality outputs
- Proven work experience or subject matter knowledge in payroll and related systems (e.g. Workday, ERP systems, SAP) and key transformation levers (process re-design; offshoring / outsourcing; automation), either as a Process/Product Analyst, Process/Product Expert, Subject Matter Expert
- Solid understanding and hands on experience in process definition and design with strong communication skills
- A strong background in analysis and critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources. Ability to take information and document in a format that can be understood by both business and technology teams.
- Confident, proactive self-starters, comfortable in managing / engaging others and in dealing with and navigating ambiguity or shifting context.
- Ability to move fluidly between big picture and detail always keeping the end goal in mind
- A consulting-type skillset / mindset - strong influencing, relationship-building, leadership, communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills, supported by strong learning agility.
- Skilled in process mapping tools and MS Office products such as Visio, Excel, Word
- Experienced in supporting and organising Hub Business transitions
- Second language is preferable.
- Workday Testing coordinator experience
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.