Senior Packaging Scientist - Sustainability and Innovation, Open to flexible working
At GSK Consumer Health we are on a mission to deliver everyday health with humanity.
Are you ready:
- to help innovate the future of OH packaging?
- to apply your natural passion for packaging to improve the consumer experience?
- to drive strong business results through sustainable innovation?
- to accelerate your R&D career tackling one of the most strategic and visible challenges facing brand-owning companies around the world?
As the Senior Packaging Scientist, you will be responsible for...
Identifying, ideating, developing, testing and commercializing sustainable and innovative packaging formats (tubes, bottles, closures and folding cartons) that are in alignment with our current Oral Health business needs and priorities on a global level. You will be a valued business partner, developing strong relationships across functions and geographies.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Drive a consumer-centric and brand building mindset to every project we touch.
- Confidently own all aspects in the development and commercialization of sustainable packaging innovation.
- Represent R&D packaging within key project teams and global R&D packaging initiatives.
- Ensure excellence as a business partner in the prioritisation, risk management and delivery of the innovation pipeline
- Have in-depth packaging experience in tubes, rigid plastics and cartons.
- Work within the wider GSK sustainability organizations to ensure projects meet or exceed all company sustainability/recyclability needs and requirements.
- Be familiar with packaging sustainability trends, recycling technologies (current and under development) and local/national/regional recyclability regulations.
- Be knowledgeable in packaging innovation trends and consumer understanding.
- Be brand savvy and thought leader in leveraging new technologies to elevate brand experience.
- Understand competitive and supplier patent landscape.
Who are we looking for?
- You are hands-on, with the ability to influence people.
- You are passionate about consumers and delight in exceeding their expectations.
- You thrive in fast-paced, diverse environments.
- You have the ability to anticipate, prioritise and adapt.
- You can think outside the box and imagine the future!
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Packaging, Chemical or Mechanical), or material science with extensive experience of Packaging Development in FMCG.
- Proven track record of leading E2E packaging innovation and sustainability. 10 years min. relevant experience.
- Knowledge in medical devices preferred but not essential.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.