Manager, Medical Governance Operations, Open to flexible working
This position will require a significant level of applied scientific and medical knowledge and strong project management and communication skills. The person will need to be able to effectively advise the organization on medical governance matters by developing and implementing & overseeing a risk management plan. The nature of the work is very complex and requires exceptional judgment & strong analytical abilities based on knowledge, previous experiences to bring out new insights gained from others or from analysis. Strong values-based decision making required. Must be able to drive to solutions and provide guidance to medical leadership.
The role has a global remit and responsibility in the following areas:
- Assists in the ongoing implementation and maintenance of the ViiV Healthcare (VH) medical governance system to ensure effective medical governance within VH.
- Creation and maintenance of relevant global policies and procedures to ensure optimum performance of VH Medical Governance system
- Ambassador for VH Medical Governance, developing effective relationships across functional areas in VH (including commercial teams) to ensure that Medical Governance requirements are reflected in and supported within the business
- Assists the Medical Governance Operations Director in providing support to VH Local Operating Companies (LOCs) to embed medical governance. Gives advice and support to VH Country Medical Directors on Medical Affairs processes and ways of working especially related to non-promotional and promotional practices.
- Deliver required training session at LOC/regional/global level on medical governance. Share best practices and experiences.
- Ensure that all supportive tools for Code of Practice for Promotional and Non-promotional External Interactions are kept up to date and accessible to relevant VH staff.
- Serve as the VH Lead for the Above-Country External Expert Engagement Hub to support VH Business Owners throughout the engagement process.
- Assist in the management of the VH Governance Executive Committee, as required
- Medical Affairs/R&D and/or Medical Services experience with scientific background & medical knowledge
- BS Degree on a relevant field
- Good understanding and experience of dealing with Medical Affairs and medical governance activities
- Leadership experience in a matrix environment and organize, coordinate & prioritize key deliverables
- Relevant experience in interacting with all levels of the organization, including senior-level business partners / leaders
- Demonstrated strong decision making and business acumen skills in order to respond to high pressure situations
- Good understanding of LOC ways of working
- Change management experience
- Proven ability to problem-solve
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.