Principal Cloud Platform Engineer, Homeworking
5 days left
- Contract Type
We're a cross functional product, design and engineering team building software products for GSK's customers. We have built our own GCP environment to support these products and and our Platform Engineers ensure that the environment is reliable, secure and eliminates unnecessary toil for developers through automation.
We care about you, about your wellbeing, and about our staff bringing their whole selves to work. We value psychological safety, empathy and emotional intelligence and try to live those values every day. We support each other and grow together, and do so while caring personally about those who we work with and the wider company. We have amazing people who help us build and design amazing products, and you will be part of a supportive environment while you do the same.
Who we're looking for...
You genuinely care and enjoy helping your users, whilst balancing their needs with the business needs. You pursue tangible outcomes but have an incredible eye for detail to exceed and delight our customers. You have excellent interpersonal skills/EQ, you are a low ego learner and teacher. You pride yourself on your ability to collaborate closely with the whole team.
- You're a proven expert in of cloud infrastructure that enables developers to do their best work.
- You will have a broad understanding of effective cost management as a key component of cloud platform administration.
- You will have experience automating infrastructure provisioning and continuous integration/delivery using Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform or similar.
- You will have in depth knowledge of security and governance in the cloud and a track record of developing solutions that demonstrate strong security and governance principles (e.g., encryption, certificates, key management, log management).
- You will have knowledge of Linux/Unix or Windows systems, from Kernel to Shell, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- You will have experience writing software to support you in your platform engineering role.
What you'll be doing...
- You will be understanding user requirements and designing and planning cloud solution architecture
- You'll be working directly with Google Cloud Engineers, PMs and experts as part our structured collaboration in a Special Interest Group to help remove any blockers and steer the GCP roadmap to best serve potential GSK use cases.
- You will champion sustainable incident response and blameless after action reviews.
- As a strong platform engineer, you will be mentoring and supporting the growth of team members.
- You'll be developing and maintaining infrastructure on GCP as code, focussing on automation, reliability, scalability and reusability.
- You will be helping us build and expand our leading edge security and compliance posture while eliminating unnecessary human interaction through automation.
- You will help the platform team maximise the impact of our GCP environment at GSK through effective documentation and advocacy for leveraging the building blocks and concepts behind our platform safely, securely and in a friction free way.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.