Senior Front End Web Engineer, Open to flexible working
GSK Consumer Health has ambition to be the world's leading pure play Consumer Healthcare company. The relationship between wellness and technology is deepening as a digitally native generation look for new ways to empower themselves and their wellbeing. To win in this dynamic marketplace, we must serve the needs of our consumers in our local markets better than the competition via a more balanced marketing and brand model that builds global consistency and local empowerment.
The Consumer & Customer Tech Enablement Product Family is focused on creating Tech products to serve needs of the personas in Customer (Sales Reps, Retailers, distributors), Expert (Reps, Dentists, Pharmacists), and Consumer (marketers, production partners, consumers) via understanding through Industry Leading Technology Products & Experiences.
Key responsibilities for the Consumer Experience Senior F/E Web Engineer are:
- As a member of a core product team working within an agile environment to define and develop standards of the web estate owned by the team.
- Accountable for owning and developing key technical standards to ensure our web estate is not only compliant but also leading on the required standards expected for a global consumer facing company's web estate.
- Knowledge and use of a suite of products based on our core AEM 6.5 & Zen Garden Adobe Managed Service web stack and associated other 3rd party integrated solutions (Ratings and Reviews, PriceSpider, Shoppable, SiteImprove etc) as well as a smaller legacy estate based on .Net hosted on Google Cloud Platform.
- Predominantly focused on the platform feature enhancements and support, working closely with our Production Partners who develop all GSK's consumer facing websites using the platform.
- Work with the other engineering teams and vendor resources that are accountable for other specific solutions within the MarTech stack to generate features that drive incremental business value from our technology investments in the web estate.
- Accountable for contributing within a product team for the technical solution design, implementation & continuous improvement of CH Tech systems in alignment with agile and DevOps principles, working closely with a Web Team and Director of Consumer Experience.
- Pro-actively engages in experimentation and innovation to drive relentless improvement e.g. to UX/DQ/DI and reducing technical debt/risk. Ensure technical solutions align with business goals and objectives that support long-term strategies.
- Leads code reviews and provides technical direction and GSK expertise to product teams composed of GSK FTEs, strategic partners and software vendors
- Gain an understanding of business strategic outcomes and value, help identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Build strong multi-functional partnerships with key leaders as well as aligning across the GSK Tech organisation on standards relating to platforms, security, vendors and delivery models. Ensuring all products supporting the business are aligned with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements.
The scope of this role will evolve with our suite of products in use but you will responsible for owning standards, principles and ensuring the web estate is kept to these. Along with working with the Product Managers\Product Owners roadmaps, supporting and configuring the highest quality products that brands will love using and delivering clear business value.
We are looking for individuals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience as an AEM FE Developer. Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company is preferred.
- Expectation of understanding and use of tools like Splunk, site improve or other industry similar tools.
- Fully conversant with progressive and modern architecture principles such as SOA, microservices, etc.
- Full stack developer experience
- Knowledge industry standards such as WCAG, Design principles
- Deep understanding of marketing technology and business processes.
- Demonstrated experience of delivering features and enhancements in a truly agile environment, preferably within a global multinational company.
- Track record of releasing new product increments regularly, testing and reiterating using DevOps tooling.
- Demonstrable experience across desktop and mobile products.
- Great technical understanding/ability to communicate with Product and design/UX teams.
- Excellent collaboration skills with an ability to function effectively as a part of a multi-functional cross pillar team.
- A data and user driven outcome based approach to technical development - with a comprehensive portfolio of product/feature releases/case studies you have developed to prove it.
- Plenty of creativity - lots of new ideas and be hungry to see the results.
- A global mentality is needed to work at GSK and knowledge/experience with how digital products need to vary across markets while supporting the need for us to remain a scalable business.
- Demonstrable Record for meeting regulatory and legislation requirements for produce development and operations.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Closing Date: 20th June 2021
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Why GSK Consumer Healthcare?
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.