Supplier Quality Management Lead, Open to flexible working
Please note this role may be offered on a Permanent OR Fixed Term Contract basis.
Here at GSK, we are on the lookout for a skilled Supplier Quality Management Lead to join our talented team in Barnard Castle.
As a Supplier Quality Management Lead, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the systems used to release starting materials for our finished products. You will provide expert advice on supplier changes, vendor complaints and Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA), this includes the creation and review of Raw Material and Packaging Material Specifications alongside the monitoring of the Supplier Quality Workflow.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Oversight of new Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API)/Raw Materials, raising Change Controls in SAP and allocating tasks to ensure the Supplier is suitable and the material specifications are created.
- Providing annual updates of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) documents on the Controlled Document Management System (CDMS), containing all Suppliers of materials for a given product.
- Active management of Vendor Complaints working closely with the suppliers to ensure appropriate actions are progressed.
- Raising, checking and approving Change Controls for progression of new and existing excipients and non-GSK API testing requirements against pharma/regulatory standards.
- Checks on the Supplier of a Packaging or Raw Material to ensure they meet the expected quality standards.
- Creating and approving the relevant Certificate of Analysis (C of A) acceptance reports to allow material deliveries to be accepted. Reports must be reviewed and updated as required.
- Review and update Distribution Risk Assessment (DRA) as required by assessing API transportation to site from the Supplier ensuring compliance.
- Reviewing the quality systems in place for Suppliers not within scope of the audit process by performing desktop audits and generating the subsequent reports.
- Creating and reviewing agreements between Suppliers and site for specifications and purchase requirements.
- Ensuring all Suppliers have been audited in accordance with expected frequency, reviewing audits performed and ensuring that the reports are in line with site requirements.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 2nd July 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Here at GSK, we are seeking someone that is passionate and able to 'roll up their sleeves' when needed and in return we will offer fantastic career progression and the opportunity to engage with Senior Stakeholders, allowing you to shape and contribute to the success of the business.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in Science or Engineering related discipline.
- The ability to approach and discuss scientific data.
- Strong communications skills, able to communicate at all levels internally and externally.
- Experience using various electronic systems e.g. SAP, Carisma
- Good attention to detail, able to multitask.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MSc or PhD preferred but not essential.
- Laboratory background would be advantageous.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.