Senior Product Manager, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are on a mission to improve humanity's quality of life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.We're undergoing an exciting transformation, as we execute our Future Ready strategy, to spin-off our Consumer Healthcare division to create a world-class Consumer Packaged Goods company in it's own right, alongside a new, dedicated BioPharma company that brings together our cutting-edge therapeutics in Oncology, HIV, Respiratory and Immunology, amongst others.
To enable these fundamental changes to our company, GSK Technology is undergoing it's own transformation building new, advanced capabilities in Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, AI/ML, Data & Analytics, Software Engineering and Product Management.
In alignment with the ever-increasing expectations of our patients and stakeholders, one area where GSK is committed to is improving New Product Introduction (NPI) performance - First in Market product, product line extensions and changes and upgrades to products including Regulatory driven changes
- Includes lifecycle management of all data and knowledge required to bring a product from development into commercial production and distribution
- Integrated management of Regulatory reporting requirements including IDMP
- Includes all phases of product launch including pilot plant production, Named Patient use, Emergency Use Authorisation, Marketing Authorisation
- Provides the authoritative source for Product Supply Routing capturing each supply node in the manufacturing and supply network, the medicinal product and pack formats and digital information including SKU, GTIN, etc
This role has a very strong focus on the Vision and Strategizing elements of Product Management, with less focus on elements of day-to-day Product / project delivery. As an applicant, you should have specific experience of building cross-divisional consensus around enterprise level business cases - specifically relating to the improvement of NPI performance and / or the adoption of PLM solutions
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- The Product Manager (PM) is accountable for working with product team, business and tech stakeholders to mobilise the vision, strategy and roadmap for the product.
- Determine and understand your customer's needs better than anyone, through a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis. Be the recognised expert in every facet of your product.
- Work with colleagues from multi-disciplinary backgrounds to set a clear and cohesive strategy for your product area, whilst still maintaining space to incorporate new ideas along the journey
- Create a product vision, strategy and roadmap, evidenced and defensible to stakeholders and yourself
- Write clear, concise and intuitive user stories that focus on JTBD and the user outcomes you want to drive
- Rigorously apply the scientific method and lean start-up thinking to set hypotheses, design experiments, test assumptions and break-down complex problems into smaller chunks
- Measure the impact of all new work released on your roadmap, close the value loop and ensure adoption
- Play the role of the 'Product Owner' as required during development sprints, making decisions in a timely manner
- Work as a servant-leader, reducing dependencies, removing blockers and coordinating with other product teams and key stakeholders
- Maintain high credibility and deliver real value by shipping product that make our users' lives easier
- Lead and coach Product Developers to become effective team members that ship valuable work
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years experience in leading the delivery of products in supply chain domains, in particular Serialisation and Track and Trace, Packaging and Logistics.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Post Graduate degree
- Building and Delivering solutions using Agile methodologies.
- Experience in Regulated industry
- Experience of Leading highly-matrixed, multi-supplier teams globally
- Experience of partnering closely with Business owners to deliver Strategically aligned Business Cases, Visions and Roadmaps
- An excellent communicator, capable of driving significant business value through technology
- An leader of highly matrixed teams across multiple tech and business functions
- A large amount of cross-functional communication and teamwork.
- You've been part of teams that have developed successful software products from concept to adoption -
- Experience of building Vision and Strategy - specifically in the domain of New Product Introduction and / or PLM
- You have directly managed product analysts/associates and are passionate about developing people
- You have experience of working within a matrixed organisation with multiple stakeholders to manage
- You have strong understanding of product management techniques including customer development, discovery & primary research, lean start-up method and industrialisation/scaling-up
- You've defined your own North-star Metric, KPIs sets and run your product teams using OKRs
- You know how to create and balance a healthy-tension between Product, UX & Design and Engineering
- You have proven experience in onboarding yourself and getting up to speed quickly on new products
- You have enough technical knowledge to understand your team's software products
- Subject Matter Expertise & Credibility: Minimum of 5 years B2C/B2B product management experience. Highly competent in managing day-to-day technical and design direction
- Fluid Intelligence: High intellectual curiosity and able to learn quickly, assimilating new information and synthesising viewpoints/hypotheses. Able to become proficient in new areas in weeks, not months
- Emotional Intelligence: High EQ and empathy for both our external customers (i.e., Patients & Healthcare Professionals) and internal customers (senior stakeholders, cross-functional collaborators). Excited to bring people on the journey with them.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Able to evidence their decisions in sound qualitative and/or quantitative analysis and logic. Able to mine, analyse and interpret their own data (Advanced Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc).
- Communication & Stakeholder Management: People who can communicate their ideas, writing precisely and concisely, and able to articulate the 'why' behind their decisions to stakeholders with different levels of understanding and seniority
- Bias-to-Action: Pragmatic, resourceful and acts without waiting to be told what to do. An obsessive problem-solver who isn't afraid to ' get out of the building' and engage with customers to uncover their own insights
- Humility & Courage: Someone with low-ego and high-humility who isn't afraid to defend people and ideas that they believe to be right, and to challenge one's that aren't. Someone who understands that: ' people don't compete with people, ideas compete with ideas'
- Culture Contributor: Enthusiastic contributor to the cultural fabric of our company, lives to see the team succeed together and proactively brings new ideas to the table
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.