Empower Platform Analyst, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
GSK Consumer Health Care is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are on a mission to improve humanity's quality of life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We're undergoing an exciting transformation, as we execute our strategy to spin-off our Consumer Healthcare division to create a world-class Consumer Packaged Goods company in its own right.
The New role is required for the support and execution of the Value Chain & Integration Tech strategy for Laboratory Automation applications . This includes the Chromatography and Archiving Solutions across the plant network. This role will be part of the new CH Tech organization.
The Empower Platform Analyst will assess business needs and configure, upgrade and tune the Empower and NuGenesis systems to improve operational efficiency. The position will interpret business needs or issues, create and maintain procedures, and manage application lifecycle of the system. Ensure availability and proper operation of Laboratory equipment based on demand and application usage across the network.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage lab automation technologies, reporting infrastructure, and archival technology including configuration and system performance
- Establish performance metrics and ensure instances have appropriate capacity and are optimized
- Provide support across the plant network to ensure effective performance of lab equipment and use of the tools (~1000 instruments)
- Assist with the planning, configuration, planning and distribution of LACE Boxes across the network
- Help Business to Query Empower and Report Monthly to Agencies
- Implement backup and archival across all instrumentation across the network
- Liaison to labs to assist with challenges and primary point of contact for L4 support
- Ensure calculations are completed to standards and optimize
- Manage procedures and best practices to assist sites with normal operations such as introduction of new equipment, normal maintenance activities and troubleshooting.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- 5 years' experience in labs and R&D operations roles with information technology and healthcare experience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters degree in Business Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or Technology Management
- Depth of Experience with Chromatography equipment, Data acquisition/storage, benchtops and global application deployment and support
- Experience in innovation delivery and deployment methodologies
- Experience working with a global Consumer organization and understanding their needs
- Advanced knowledge of agile, quality and risk management processes, principles and tools
- Partnering on problem-solving discussions between key stakeholders
- Ability to nurture and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Lead and influence people in a matrix business environment globally
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt and work under uncertainty and accommodate flexible work demands
- Global perspective; cultural sensitivity
- Ability to navigate under pressure; resilient; self-motivated; sense of urgency and solid decision making
- Able to converse in English (spoken and written)
- Smart experienced risk-taking mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively and directly with stakeholders, using the most appropriate communication channels and adapting information and style to the audience
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.