Manager, Private Equity Transaction Services, Open to flexible working & returners
Manager, Private Equity Transaction Services, Financial Advisory
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Private Equity Transaction Services team in London.
European Private Equity deal activity is forecasted to reach new highs, totalling €480bn in 2021.
As such, private equity is a priority investment area for our firm with a significant growth opportunity and exciting prospects.
You will be working on high profile acquisitions, disposals and carve outs for prominent private equity houses across a range of geographies and have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects within a highly commercial environment.
Our core services include buy and sell-side financial due diligence and our key sectors of focus include Consumer, Industrials, TMT, Business Services, Healthcare & Life Sciences and THL.
You will have the chance early on to specialise in the sector you are most interested in.
Typically, we work within a wider deal team which accesses our firm's vast range of specialist expertise including operations, post-merger integration, value creation, technology, environmental, social and governance (“ESG”), sale and purchase agreement negotiation, treasury and pensions.
We foster a culture and working environment where our people treat each other with respect, courtesy and fairness.
We want our team to feel that they can be themselves and thrive at work, and we are committed to diversity and inclusion across all levels.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of two years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our team provides high profile private equity clients with dedicated support for a transaction or potential transaction.
You will have the chance to working closely with the deal team on the investigation of the target to ensure significant value items, risks and other matters have been identified and considered.
You will be advising and assisting our clients in making an informed decision regarding the transaction.
- Support and lead on high quality client engagements within planned timescales
- Building and maintaining distinctive relationships with our private equity clients
- Liaising across multiple work streams (e.g. tax, operations and pensions)
- Leading on identifying and developing innovative approaches to add value (e.g. analytics)
- Support proposals for engagements.
- Develop and maintain long-term client relationships.
- Developing team members in role.
- Build and maintain relationships with other areas of the Firm.
- Engender a respectful and inclusive working environment.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the European private equity market
- Compliance with risk and quality management procedures.
In the context of client engagements, responsibilities include:
- Developing an understanding of the target business model and drivers
- Interpretation and analysis of financial and commercial information and delivering to our private equity clients in a clear, concise and palatable way both in writing and verbally.
- Reviewing historical and forecast trading performance, cash flows and working capital and balance sheets.
- Reporting of potential key issues for our client including identification of risk or equity price impacts.
- In conjunction with our SPA team, reviewing sale and purchase agreements and correlating with our due diligence findings
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- An ACA qualification or equivalent experience
- High level report writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on attention to detail, conciseness and risk management
- Exceptional academic background or equivalent experience
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in building and managing client relationships
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Great presentation skills
- Full travel mobility
- Experience of private equity and M&A transactions
- Fluency in a major European foreign language would be an advantage
- Strong excel skills - quick and accurate manipulation of data
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness
- Strong client focus - be focussed on high quality service
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.