Manager, Sales and Purchase Agreement, Transaction Services, Open to flexible working & returners
Manager, Sales and Purchase Agreement (SPA), Transaction Services, Financial Advisory Services
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Financial Advisory Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA) team.
Working on high profile M&A assignments within Deloitte's market-leading SPA team, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment on a wide variety of deals, with a mix of both corporate and private equity transactions.
Our team works side-by-side with the client and its legal advisors providing dedicated support on over 250 transactions per year. Typically, this involves advising clients in developing contractual solutions to financial and commercial issues identified through due diligence, including advising on purchase price adjustments mechanisms and completion accounts policies in the transaction agreements being negotiated.
Typically we work within a wider deal team including financial due diligence and tax, and we often work on global M&A deals involving cross-border as well as cross-service line deal teams requiring our people to build wide networks across both the UK firm and International network.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The Manager role will include the following activities:
- Quickly developing an understanding of the target business and its drivers
- Working closely with due diligence teams to identify areas of risk
- Review of transaction documentation to identify key issues, including:
- Assessing the suitability of the pricing mechanism (for example, locked box; completion accounts and/or earn-out) and associated accounting based definitions
- Considering the appropriateness of key financial warranties and indemnities
- Developing robust accounting policies for completion accounts based mechanisms
- Working with Partner/Director to develop appropriate client recommendations
- Reporting key issues and delivering recommendations to clients
You will be responsible for:
- Project management of assignments including: client interface, managing project risk issues and monitoring costs/recovery.
- Production of quality deliverables within agreed timescales, briefing Partner/Director accordingly.
- Various marketing initiatives and practice development activities (e.g. client presentations, key client account, industry, geography, and product programmes, and to display an awareness of sales opportunities).
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London based, although it does require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must be/have:
- An ACA qualification or equivalent qualification/experience
- Attention to detail
- A flexible working style and an ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and priorities
- Strong writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on conciseness and risk management
- Broad commercial acumen coupled with a robust personality capable of operating effectively under the pressure and fast-pace of the deal marketplace.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to challenge, negotiate and operate at a senior level.
- Client focused, ensuring high quality service
- Additional desirable experience includes:
- Experience of working on transactions, disputes or completion accounts would be an advantage.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.