Resource Support Assistant, Risk Advisory, Enabling Functions, Open flexible working & homeworking
As a Junior Scheduling Assistant, you will support the Resourcing Managers with scheduling administrative activities across the business. The role is pivotal in supporting Resource Managers with the delivery of resource management services to provide operational excellence and delivery of the business talent strategy.
Within this role, you will be able to develop your stakeholder management, communication and analytical skills to prepare yourself for progression at a later stage.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
- Work closely with resource managers within the business units to understand key resourcing requirements for clients and internal projects.
- Support Resource Managers with scheduling administrative tasks and reporting.
- Actively participate in resourcing meetings/calls supporting the Resource Managers, business unit leads and key stakeholders and take meeting minutes and actions as required.
Scheduling System Accuracy
- Take responsibility monitoring the scheduling mailboxes and processing items flagged for attention.
- Take responsibility to support Resource Managers with the updating of project and system bookings to ensure that Engage accurately reflects the current resourcing position.
- Support the Resource Manager with the management of holiday requests ensuring updates are in line with business unit policy. Ensure all holiday requests are appropriately approved and that dates are accurately reflected in scheduling system.
- Support the monitoring of practitioner sickness/absence levels in schedules highlighting issues as appropriate to the Resource Managers, ensuring dates are accurately reflected in the scheduling system.
- Take responsibility and ownership for managing schedule anomalies under the direction of the Resource Managers.
- With the support of the Resource Managers, ensure the scheduling system is up to date for all learning and training requirements.
Working with the Resource Manager support the scheduling and on-boarding processes of new joiners:
- Work with Resource Managers, Recruitment teams, on-boarding and HR to identify new practitioners who are joining the business in good time. Ensure new joiners are added to the scheduling system with all system fields populated accurately.
- Review the weekly SAP movements reports and working with the Resource Manager ensure all HR movements are accurately updated in Engage.
- Work with the Resource Managers to support the off-boarding process of practitioners
- Identify in good time practitioners who are leaving the business
- Ensure the cancellation of booked future training and learning courses.
MI and Reporting
- Develop an understanding of scheduling system reporting functionality and with the support of Resource Managers develop a commercial awareness and an understanding of the drivers behind utilisation and utilisation management.
- Create scheduling reports for the Resource Managers as required
- In advance of regular resource management meetings, provide the Resource Managers with relevant MI and if necessary, support them in resourcing meetings
- Work with other Resource Support Assistants and Resource Managers to operate seamlessly as one Risk Advisory resource management team.
- Actively participate in Resourcing meetings/calls with business unit scheduling teams and the wider Risk Advisory Resource Management team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and practitioners by resourcing meetings when appropriate and provide input on scheduling matters as required.
- Provide support to the Resourcing Manager as required. This will include ad hoc requests and assistance with specific projects.
Personal and Team Development
- Develop yourself by seeking opportunities that stretch and challenge.
- Play an active role in sharing knowledge and skills to promote best practice.
- Have a good understanding of individual team member roles and responsibilities.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Any UK Deloitte Office or from home
Work pattern: This is a 12 months fixed term contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Confident and skilled verbal and written communicator
- Excellent administrative skills
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Ability to plan and prioritise, multi task and manage workload under pressure
- Team player who uses initiative and takes ownership
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisational and time management skills
- A proactive attitude towards change and ongoing focus on quality and process improvement
- Hands on approach with the ability to 'juggle' several tasks and a willingness to go the “extra mile”
- Ability to gain immediate credibility with Resource Managers and other key stakeholders
- Tenacity and willingness to work outside of contractual hours on occasion to complete tasks
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.