Data Engineer Cloud - Part time 3-4 days per week, Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
Part time 3 to 4 days per week
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
The role will be based in Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh or Glasgow however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
Overview of the role
Our ideal candidate is one that has a solid technical background and demonstrable data engineering skills gained in a practical environment and as such those with only theoretical viewpoints will not be considered. The ideal candidate will be able to build on these skills and help deliver and maintain an end-to-end advanced analytics solution on cloud.
You will have exposure with cloud, preferably in Microsoft Azure build and maintain data pipelines, understand CI/CD for end-to-end cloud solutions, be able to manage and maintain pre-existing ecosystems, you will be competent in SQL and Python and able to flex into different variants easily and as required.
Key activities include, but not be limited to:
- Build and maintain data pipelines (including those from 3rd party sources and APIs)
- Identifying and patching issues and bugs identified in the pipeline/architecture
- Working as part of a data specialist team to deliver quality service to engagement client
- Providing access and identity management to onboard new customers onto the pre-existing platform
- Communicating with key stakeholders to define data requirements to support business issues / queries, including collecting, analysing, interpreting, and translating the result to non-technical stakeholders
We're looking for candidates with the following:
- More than 3 years experience working in the area of data engineering
- Knowledge and/or certifications demonstrating capability in the above
- Demonstrable experience across data engineering disciplines including data governance, quality, migration, modelling and warehousing
- Advanced working knowledge in SQL and fluency in Python
- Significant practical experience working with cloud platforms (Azure strongly preferred)
- Experience in building and maintaining data pipelines and architecture
- Experience with both PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Demonstrable experience of success within a range of complex project environments and sectors
- Proven ability to integrate well into a team and build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Proven analytical and skeptical mindset with an ability to develop solutions to technical problems
- Ability to work as part of a larger team and take responsibility for the work you deliver
- Open to learning new technologies, methodologies, and skills
- Experience in Azure DevOps (CI/CD).
- Experience in Azure DataFactory.
- Experience working with the Microsoft Azure cloud-based ecosystem
- BPSS or SC security clearances desirable
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BSc, BA)
What is in it for you?
As we're responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity longer-term to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We're also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally. You'll therefore be included on our specific Operate training framework, tailored to match your skills, needs and career aspirations. Fully funded by us, you'll complete externally accredited qualifications that will benefit you in the role you are working in. Our training programme is further enhanced through a variety of softer skills training sessions focusing on your relationships and leadership skills.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other as part of your employment
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- Flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs.
- Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.