External Audit Senior Associate - Part time 3-4 days per week, Flexible Contracts
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- Part time 3 or 4 days per week
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
The Central Practice consists of 5 networked offices in Birmingham, the East Midlands, Milton Keynes, Bristol and Cardiff. With a rapidly growing, dynamic marketplace, more than 500 clients and some 600 partners and staff in the region, the Central Audit practice is a great place to build a career. We’ve a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through to major public sector organisations, FTSE100 members and large global businesses.
As a Senior Associate in Central, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Using feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas
- Delegating to others to provide stretch opportunities and coaching to help deliver results
- Developing new ideas and proposing innovative solutions to problems
- Using a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the business area
- Reviewing your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Sharing relevant thought leadership
- Using straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others
- Ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Essential Skills and Experience:
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or part Qualified and working towards your full CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS (or equivalent) qualification
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you’re an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Experience of financial accounting and reporting
- The ability to learn quickly
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels
- Experienced in coaching junior staff
- Passion for quality
- Experience of working to client deadlines
- US GAAP and/or UK GAAP experience
The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.