External Audit - Non FS Audit - Manager - Part time 3-4 days per week, Flexible Contracts
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- Part time 3 or 4 days per week
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
A career in our Non Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
Our team helps organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client’s information.
The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignments.
You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client’s information.
You'll have the opportunity to work across our large and exciting client base, which includes large multinational listed and internationally-headquartered businesses; entrepreneurial and family-owned firms; early-stage and fast-growth entities; companies operating in life sciences and cleantech and world-leading public, educational and not for profit organisations.
As an Audit Manager you'll play a vital role in the delivery of high-quality audits to our clients. Your role will include:
- Overseeing a portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day-to-day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients and understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner and Director and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and career development of the team members reporting directly to you.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
- Being a key contact throughout the year for our clients, who range from FTSE-listed businesses through to owner-managed businesses in the infancy of their life cycle.
- Build strong relationships with other specialist teams within PwC to ensure that a full service offering can be provided to our clients.
- Actively taking part in office-wide initiatives and teams, contributing to a strong overall team morale.
Skills and Experience required
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. As a Manager you’ll be required to demonstrate:
- A suitable qualification (e.g ACA, ACCA, or ICEAW equivalent )
- Experience in auditing large organisations
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing
- Teamworking skills
- A proven track record of establishing client relationships
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- A desire for continuous improvement
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques
- An ability to work to tight timelines and manage well under pressure
- Experience of coaching, supervising and managing staff members
The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.