Indirect Tax, Senior Associate - London - Flexible Contract
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
We are open to flexible contracts
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
Our Indirect Tax team is market leading, providing advisory services to PwC’s largest and most important clients. We advise across all aspects of VAT compliance and structuring, customs, excise and environmental taxes. We provide innovative solutions to navigate challenges, both locally and globally giving you endless opportunities to work with a variety of clients across all business sectors.
As part of the team you’ll experience unparalleled opportunity to develop your career, build your global VAT technical skills and experience working on complex and challenging assignments. If you’re ready to accelerate your career in indirect tax then this is the opportunity for you - apply today.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as an integral part of a team of problem solvers, helping our clients tackle their complex issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assisting in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Being involved in the financial management of clients
- Developing strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Working in multidisciplinary Indirect Tax teams (e.g. with customs, legal and systems specialists)
- Assisting in the management and delivering of large projects
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical acumen
- Training, coaching, and supervising staff
- Keeping up to date with legislation and practical changes which impact indirect taxes
- Continuing to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
The role will enable you to work with senior leaders in our Indirect Tax practice, and we will invest in your development and provide you with access to business mentors to help maximise your potential.
Essential Skills and experience
- Strong VAT technical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- A commitment to team working
- A commitment to delivering great client service
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to apply good judgement, consult appropriately and manage risks
- Good self-organisational skills
- Resilient and able to work to deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly and through virtual networks
- Encouraging and motivational to junior staff
- A strong interest and understanding of the benefits of technology and innovation
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.