Finance Operations Controller, Open to flexible working
Diageo operates in over 180 markets around the world. With production sites across the globe, international operations (complex entity, market and product-flow structure and foreign exchange) and complex tax and treasury activities, Diageo’s consolidation and Group reporting is complex. Almost every change in the business and regulatory environment has some impact on Diageo’s accounting and reporting. Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Johnnie Walker Princes Street in central Edinburgh will bring to life the story of the brand and its makers, creating a unique welcome for people from around the world. Johnnie Walker Princes Street and our Brand Homes will take visitors on an immersive, multi-sensory journey through the flavours of Scotland, sharing our love for Scotch with a new generation of whisky drinkers. The Edinburgh venue will be the centrepiece of a £185m investment to transform Diageo’s Scotch whisky visitor experiences at distilleries around Scotland.
We are proud of our brands and passionate about our business. We strive to be the best at what we do and give each other the freedom to succeed. We value and respect each other for who we are. Be yourself – at Diageo.
The role provides support to manage full P&L, B/S and cash of Corporate Trading Businesses /Brand homes and responsible for accuracy of B/S.
Pull reports from non-SAP systems (EPOS, Chronos), perform reconciliations between systems, validate numbers and support issue resolution Support physical cash handling at Brand Homes including daily till reconciliations, cash receipts, cash delivery, petty cash Support on-the-ground Malt Brand Home financial processes Supports month-end closing process and compliance agenda Other ad-hoc financial controlling and reporting related queries
The person will be responsible for supporting Brand Home Teams on the ground.
- Great execution: Ability to deliver quality information within agreed timeframes
- Financial analysis skills: Able to manage and make sense of large amounts of data. Highly numerate and strongly analytical with strong systems skills
- Leverages other functions / people: Networks effectively, using well-developed interpersonal skills to build credible relationships. Fully leverages the finance function. Builds excellent cross-functional working relationships.
- Innovative thinking, challenges conventional thinking. Constantly searching to streamline and improve the planning and reporting processes
Purpose of Role
Support Brand Homes/Trading Businesses reporting and financial controlling processes (reconciliations, gap identification) and help Leadership Team and Finance Managers to ensure seamless processes and improve performance outcomes.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
Support physical cash handling at Brand Homes including daily till reconciliations, cash receipts, cash delivery, petty cash, monitor and review of cash control procedures. Prepare reconciliations and responsible for accuracy of B/S Actively support month-end financial controlling and reporting processes Identify discrepancies and assist issue resolution Manage ad-hoc queries from stakeholders
- Accounting/finance qualification is a requirement
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Attention to detail, precision
- Able to build and maintain excellent relationships
- Experience of team working and an understanding of how to make a contribution as part of that team
- Excellent business English knowledge
- Excellent PC skills / System knowledge: MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SAP.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application