Senior Network Security Manager, Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
Are you looking to expand your expertise in systems strategy in a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change? At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve performance across the organization.
The Security Network Engineer - OT will work closely with the security infrastructure and techops teams which are responsible for maintaining and operating services that protect externalized applications, user endpoints and databases within GSK infrastructure. The services we operate are of a global nature, providing service solutions to multiple business units, across the global OT enterprise. Thus, one of our team's role is to communicate efficiently with all the stakeholders and customers in different countries. The new Security Network Engineer for OT will become a member of our agile and strong team and his/her role will be to monitor, analyze, and report on those services to ensure they meet the needs of the business, function well within the GSK environment, and align with the strategic direction of the service line. The engineer will provide recommendations for improvements and optimizations based on his/her experience and analytical insight into current operations and processes.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Devise, plan, deploy, and troubleshoot wired and wireless networks and monitoring solutions from implementation to Operations by collaborating with vendors, end users, and other technical teams
- Develop and utilize automations to evaluate, test, and validate traditional, wireless, and next generation network's performance, quality, and reliability
- Implement policies to help classify and manage access levels to protect network systems security and follow best practices
- Establish and maintain a firewall and network device review strategy for the Operational Technology environments working with onsite local leads.
- Configure and install enterprise level network devices and services (e.g. but not limited to firewalls, routers, switches, WLAN controllers, wireless access points, load balancers, WAN optimizers, DNS/DHCP/IPAM, QoS)
- Perform and/or make recommendations on network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Participate in security incident management activities
- Facilitate complex technology changes on multiple platforms with global customers
- Provide services based on GxP, ISO 27001, ISMS and ITIL and Agile methodology
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities based on data
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 years experience in a cyber security OT environment
- Experience of working with 3rd Party vendors
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Understanding of information security risks, preventative measures, and incident and threat management
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize information and make service recommendations
- Work effectively within a global, geographically diverse team
- Demonstrated ability for sound judgment with strong emphasis on quality, cost and service improvement
- Proven ability to engage with business and 3rd party stakeholders and communicate service issues in their terms
- Passionate about computer security, willingness to learn new technologies
- Intermediate knowledge about network configurations and firewall solutions
- Able to interpret customer requirements and restate in terms of business requirements
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Work experience in a regulated environment is desired
- Empathy and understanding of human issues in delivering long term sustainability of services
- Collaborates effectively across in global service teams and across boundaries
- Establishes strong working relationships and practices with clear accountability for delivery
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.