Senior Service Design Manager, Open to flexible working
As a Senior Service Design Manager you will be joining the UK Digital Services team within our Enabling Functions. Our purpose as a team is to engage with and co-create consumer grade digital experiences for our own employees so that they feel supported and inspired by the firm.
In this role you will be responsible for the teams opportunity roadmap and, using design thinking and lean start up methodologies, you will be charged with ensuring that our Service Designers and Researchers;
- Select the right employee pain points and needs to explore,
- Rigorously research and unpack the problem to fully understand the human and commercial impact that it has on our business, and
- identify feasible, viable and desirable solutions that deliver clearly understood value to our people and our bottom line that can be experimented with within our business.
You will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for a team of Service Designers and Researchers charged with applying Human Centric design principles, in an agile way, to shape and deliver best in class solutions throughout the product development lifecycle.
This is a critical leadership role and you will be expected to bring flair, innovation and a level of consistency to the delivery of our portfolio of mobile and desktop solutions. Rigorous user testing is key to our success and you will be expected to work closely with our Product Managers, Service Designers, QA and Development teams to ensure that we deliver value for our employees at every point in the user journey.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
You will work alongside a talented team of Business Analysts, Designers, Product Managers, Solution Architects, Developers and Quality Engineers to shape, test, validate and build new products and services that create a better experience for our 20,000 Deloitte employees. Your approach will be agile and iterative, using Design Thinking to facilitate innovation and identify opportunities to deliver value to our employees.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading teams through the process of making a human centric design-led approach really count in addressing our peoples challenges,
- Driving a process of rapid and iterative prototyping of human-centered service design concepts
- Collaborating with design researchers to distil insights and generate concepts from customer, product, and prototype feedback
- Driving our focus on quantifying and measuring the cost/benefit of the applications we create – this may at times include developing commercial models to support business investment cases,
- Building and maintaining a pipeline of problem opportunities areas for selection and qualification by the Service Development team
- Guiding key business stakeholders through the select, search and solve phases of our service design process, providing strategic input to ensure that we achieve alignment with key business objectives.
- Contributing to on-going enhancements of the Deloittes design methodologies
- Monitoring and have knowledge of wider industry service design, UX and UI trends and relevant technology trends – including Blockchain, Voice Assistants, IOT and Machine Learning.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: The Digital Services team is based in London Deloitte campus. We are currently fully remote. Occasional travel to Amsterdam may be required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
“Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.”
Your professional experience
- A strong background in product leadership or service design position
- Have expertise in human-centred design
- The ability to navigate ambiguity in a self-directed culture and emerging technology space
- Technical acumen and expertise in designing, delivering, and maintaining applications and services, meeting or exceeding the bar for quality
- Be passionate about data and insight, and have a practical experience of using analytics tools like GA or AEM to drive user engagement and the product roadmap,
- Build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders quickly,
- Have strong commercial and financial acumen, with a some experience of developing business/investment cases to support product growth
- Work well with other disciplines and as part of a diverse team of talents
- understand and work well with outputs from user and stakeholder research, being able to synthesize insight to shape your design work and its outcomes
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Knowledge, and possible application of Emerging technologies such as Blockchain, Machine Learning, Voice Assistants, IOT etc
- At all times, you will be an advocate for the customer and champion the design of intuitive interfaces and interactions for useful, usable, delightful digital experiences.
Your service line: Enabling Function
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application