Senior EHS Product Manager, Open to flexible working
SK Consumer Health Care is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are on a mission to improve humanity's quality of life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We're undergoing an exciting transformation, as we execute our strategy to spin-off our Consumer Healthcare division to create a world-class Consumer Packaged Goods company in its own right.
The EH&S Tech Product Manager role will be the single point of accountability for leading the EH&S tech support of platforms and applications related to Consumer Health Care EH&S such as: GSK shipper, Happify, Alert driver safety training, Material hazard database, MSDG Safety Data Sheets, MSDS online, MZAP & EHS Central hazard identification & risk control, process safety, equipment physical guarding, critical safety interlocks, emergency response, noise monitoring, chemical exposure monitoring, ergonomics, behaviour-based safety, biosafety, incident investigation to name a few possible EH&S Applications in scope.
The EH&S Tech Product Manager will be accountable for the tech support, product roadmap, application support, process improvement, continuous improvement and all business facing tech support services for Consumer Health.
- Deep understanding and adherence to SOP's, the establishing/drafting, revision and validation of SOP's as they relate to the Quality Employee Health & Safety processes, system validation and training
- Partner/lead with business in application/platform upgrade processes and influence outcomes to meet business, budget and scope commitments.
- Experience in Supply Chain management, supply chain mfg. and methodologies globally
- Prepare scopes of work or contracts required for applications. Critically review contract/SOW changes and make recommendations on the contract/SOW selections
- Solid business and financial acumen able to apply forecasting and finance principles within your remit and across business functions with interdependencies
- Establish and measure EH&S Roadmap
- Contribute to governance and compliance in relation to platforms in remit
- Understand legal and GSK requirements associated with safety management systems and advise WREF on achieving compliance. Stay abreast of regulatory changes and external trends and translate impacts of emerging changes to WREF.
- Drive technical decisions on how best to configure solution based on user requirements and business needs
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with key external contract partners, to deliver appropriate site services in agreement with established contracts.
- Following GxP requirements.
- Will act as proxy/representative for key meeting, counsels and governance related to Quality Employee Health & Safety
- All other tasks/duties and responsibilities as assigned
We are looking for individuals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Significant experience in Employee Health & Safety; Facilities Management & risk Management as it relates to Quality operations and Application support and methodologies in technology.
- Experience running &/or deploying Enterprise applications supporting Quality, Employee Health & Safety applications
- Depth of experience with Quality Management process and enterprise technology solution
- Understanding of Employee Health and Safety principles and disciplines in a Consumer Health Care setting
- Understand legal and GSK requirements associated with safety management systems and advise WREF on achieving compliance.
- Experience in innovation delivery and deployment methodologies
- An understanding of relevant safety indicators, metrics, objectives and targets consistent with the WREF-specific risks and opportunities.
- Experience working with a global Consumer organisation and understanding their needs
- Sophisticated knowledge of agile, quality and risk management principles and tools
- Critical thinking of infrastructure and strong drive for implementation
- Experience in adherence to GMP, Validation, Regulatory and SOP /Process & Procedure is critical
- Partnering on problem-solving discussions between key leaders in the business
- Ability to nurture and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Change agent- Lead and influence people in a matrix business environment globally
- Superb communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt and work under uncertainty and accommodate flexible work demands
- Global perspective; cultural sensitivity
- Ability to navigate under pressure; resilient; self-motivated; sense of urgency and solid decision making
- Able to converse in English (spoken and written)
- Smart experienced risk-taking mentality
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Please be aware the earliest Start Date for this position is 1st November 2021
Why Consumer Healthcare?
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
- Great interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively and directly with business leaders, using the most appropriate communication channels and adapting information and style to the audience
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.