Senior R&D Pilot Plants & Clinical Supply Product Manager, Open to flexible working
GSK Consumer Health Care is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are on a mission to improve humanity's quality of life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We're undergoing an exciting transformation as we execute our strategy to spin-off our Consumer Healthcare division to create a world-class Consumer Packaged Goods company in its own right.
This new R&D Pilot Plants & Clinical Supply Product Manager role is required to provide full Tech ownership & support of applications, software, equipment and platforms that are integral to the creation and delivery of clinical supplies for patients/consumers in CH clinical trials.
The R&D Pilot Plants & Clinical Supply Product Manager will be the single point of accountability/responsibility for the tech support of applications, software, equipment strategy and platforms used to deliver the end-to-end supply chain for assigned GSK R&D investigational supplies. Furthermore, the R&D Pilot Plants & Clinical Supply Product Manager will be integral in ensuring the applications, platforms, equipment and software used facilitates supply chain performance to ensure successful execution of the supply chain, with a focus on quality to our consumer/patients.
Deep understanding and adherence to SOP's, the establishing/drafting, revision and validation of SOP's as they relate to the Quality Employee Health & Safety processes, system validation and training
- Partner/lead with business in application/platform upgrade processes and influence outcomes to meet business, budget and scope commitments.
- Experience in Supply Chain management, supply chain mfg. and methodologies globally
- Project Management delivery from E2E.
- Prepare scopes of work or contracts required for applications. Critically review contract/SOW changes and make recommendations on the contract/SOW selections
- Accountable for contributing to the strategy, development and execution of a 3-year product roadmap for products/Applications within the product team in alignment with the R&D strategy and R&D Leaders. The product roadmaps will be built with a clear focus on value delivery to the R&D strategy and will prioritise investments based on value. End-to-end accountability for products within the product group includes full lifecycle management.
- Strong business and financial understanding; able to apply forecasting and finance principles within your remit and across business functions with interdependencies
- Governance: Establish and lead Business Governance bodies, provide oversight and establish business value, lead overall delivery and service performance and manage business risk
- Business Process: Design the optimal set of products and services that meets the business strategy and requirements.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are aligned with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements, and that R&D continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products.
- Process Improvement: Accountable for driving ongoing product and business process improvements, embedding agile, automation, DevOps and a strong user experience culture
- Change & Release management: Manage change activity, including Software-as-a-Service delivered change
- Integrations: In collaboration with Solution Architecture, ensure that data integrations are efficient, accurate and secure. This also includes building reporting capabilities that support both operational reporting as well as analytic reporting.
We are looking for individuals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Great experience in labs and R&D operations roles with information technology and healthcare experience in planning, forecasting
- Experience in adherence to GMP, Validation, Regulatory and SOP /Process & Procedure is critical
- Experience in providing R&D Tech support in the delivery of the multi-functional Clinical Supply Chain Network as part of the overarching medicines development process.
- Experience in driving Clinical SC innovation, delivery and deployment methodologies
- Experience working with a global Consumer organisation and understanding their needs
- Advanced knowledge of agile, quality and risk management processes, principles and tools
- BS in Computer Science or equal in-depth experience - Pharmacy, Chemistry, Logistics or related scientific or technical subject area. Experience may be substituted/considered in lieu of formal education.
- Partnering on problem-solving discussions between key Leaders
- Ability to nurture and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Lead and influence people in a matrix business environment globally
- Superb communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt and work under uncertainty and accommodate flexible work demands
- Global perspective; cultural sensitivity
- Ability to navigate under pressure; resilient; self-motivated; and solid decision making
- Able to converse in English (spoken and written)
- Smart experienced risk-taking mentality
- Great interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively and directly with business leaders, using the most appropriate communication channels and adapting information and style to the audience
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Please be aware the earliest Start Date for this position is 1st November 2021
Why Consumer Healthcare?
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.