Director, Global Market Access, Open to flexible working
The Global Market Access Director is responsible to ensure payer and provider needs are represented within the Oncology asset teams. They will frame the strategic payer needs to enable GSK to achieve successful pricing & listing decisions resulting in optimal access & uptake across the portfolio. This will be achieved through working with the R&D, Commercial, Regulatory, VEO (HEOR) teams and key Franchise Local Operating Companies (LoCs).
In this role you will also provide insights and inputs into evidence generation plans for transformational, pipeline Oncology assets, and support due diligence efforts during business development along with input on clinical trial design.
You will contribute to the growth and improved profitability of the GSK business by developing and implementing price and access initiatives that maximize patient's access to GSK's oncology early assets, Phase 2/3 Transformational medicines and Business Development Activities.
You will support the establishment and oversight of LOC access related objectives and proactively identify potential barriers that limit patient access to GSK medicines Moreover, you will facilitate development of resources and risk mitigation plans that maximize eligible patient access to our products.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- The successful candidate will be required to discuss, collaborate, and challenge, internal and external stakeholders (Value and Evidence Outcomes, LOC market Access/Health Outcomes) on technical matters regarding HTA, evidence generation, and health outcomes.
- The candidate will also have to partner with LOCs to drive access and uptake of GSK products by providing solutions that address payers needs.
- A strong scientific background couple with recent payor experience particularly in engaging early HTA or developing phase 2-3 product thinking.
- Knowledge of products within the Oncology portfolio, enhanced Business Development activities across solid tumors and hematologic malignancies, early assets evaluations, and portfolio planning responsibilities are part of this exciting role.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Ideally the candidate will have experience working in a commercially orientated market access and pricing role in key markets such as US, EU5, and Japan and have had significant involvement in recently (within last 2-3 years) bringing oncology medicines through the reimbursement and access process in either a European or Global role
- Assigned asset area/ therapy experience
- Leadership of national and regional pricing, reimbursement, and market access projects / activities
- Experience leading teams in use of health economic models and outcome research (including value proposition development) to improve patient access and overcome barriers to access
- Experience working with different countries and payer archetypes on access and reimbursement related projects
- People leadership and ability to influence within a matrix team
- Direct customer negotiating or contracting experience would be an advantage
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Post Graduate Degree level (e.g. MBA, MSc, PhD) or equivalent experience
Areas of relevant experience: Payer marketing, Key Account Management, Pharma pricing, Health Economics, Public Health and Policy
- Demonstrated history of supporting publications or scientific advice would be an asset
- Experience of working in an above country role.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of ever ything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.