Solutions Architect - Part time 3-4 days per week, Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
Part time 3 to 4 days per week
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
PwC Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resources and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges. Our capabilities stretch across a number of business pillars including Financial Crime Operations, Compliance Operations, Tax and Customer Management. We have almost 2,000 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
Our Technology Practice is experiencing continuous success and growth. As part of this growth, we are seeking to recruit experienced Solution Architects who will lead on the design of technology solutions for complex projects which are typically of higher risk (technical, organisational, reputation), high value or are of strategic importance.
Our Technology practice consists of sub-teams delivering work across the technology stack, such as but not limited to front end web development, complex API based transactions, advanced data and analytics products, Ai solutions, advanced RPA and low-code workflow tools. We work
About the role
As a Solution Architect, you’ll be responsible for the design of technology solutions, and where possible drawing from the firm's approved technology catalogue promoting standardisation and re-use. The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Undertake structured analysis of solution issues, translating this analysis into standardised designs that describe a solution.
- Work with the wider technology team in determining the best solution in the context of customer requirements.
- Ensure solutions are consistent with PwC’s Information Security policies.
- Work with the discovery team which includes technical business analysts, UI/UX designers, low code and full stack developers, DevOpS and AI developers to determine available solutions including the merits and limitations of each.
- Collaborate with other solution designers across the business to jointly design solutions using a mix of technologies.
- Contribute to business cases to help articulate due diligence and rationale behind solutions to help gain investment.
- Identify where we might have tooling / solution / subscription gaps within our portfolio and if we should seek to invest.
- Be consulted on the design of a solution and work closely with developers when designing appropriate solutions.
- Identify deeper issues that need fixing.
- Look for opportunities to collaborate and reuse components, communicating with both solution and non-solution stakeholders.
- Gain an understanding of the overall strategy and how the architecture supports this.
- Regularly connect with fellow architects to draw on and share expertise and experiences.
- Ensure architectural decisions align to agreed guidance. In addition, ensure alignment to defined Information Security Policy Controls Standard and Operations Delivery Processes.
Experience of the following:
- Data technologies (e.g. Power BI, Alteryx, SQL etc)
- Information Security
- Project/ Service (e.g. Business Analysis, Project management, ITIL etc.)
Awareness of one (or more) of the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence development technologies (eg NLP, OCR etc)
- RPA (e.g. uiPath, Python etc)
- Cloud environments (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure etc)
- Infrastructure Implementation (e.g. Networks, Platforms, Operating Systems)
- The ability to speak on behalf of solution teams and facilitate relationships with indirect stakeholders.
- The ability to recommend decisions and describe the reasoning behind these.
- The ability to design systems characterised by managed levels of risk, manageable business and solution complexity and meaningful impact. You can work with well understood technology and identify appropriate patterns.
- The ability to understand how your work supports the team. You can identify wider influences and how they apply. You keep an open mind and can understand the broader context.
- Capability to evolve and define governance and take responsibility for collaborating and supporting in wider governance.
- Knowledge of how to assure services are delivered by solution architects across sets of services.
- Capability to describe strategy, use patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.