Enterprise Architect, Open to flexible working
Are you a Tech professional looking for a new, business critical opportunity? If so, read on...
GSK have a new role a new role for an Enterprise Architect on a on a full-time permanent basis.
Architecture is transforming Tech and it is an exciting time to be part of the team. The Enterprise Architect, Research Solutions Tech is a key role in our journey. There is significant scientific modernization occurring in R&D and this is driving investment in new Tech functionality. Additionally, there is a strong focus on scientific data management, integration and re-use. As such there is a real opportunity to add value and impact through well thought-out data and application architecture with an emphasis on data fabric. Coupled to this there is a demand from R&D users for robust and usable systems, which places a strong emphasis on high quality enterprise architecture.
As an Enterprise Architect, you will work with Product teams to ensure that Application, Information and Technical architectures align with the strategic target architecture plans. You will provide leadership to link the business mission, strategy, and processes of GSK R&D Research solutions to its IT strategy with plans, models and solutions that ensure the current and future needs of the Research and Medicinal Science and Technology organization and IT will be met in an efficient, secure, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Maintain current knowledge of GSK architecture components as well as our key cloud platforms.
- Ensure architectures proposed by product team comply with standards and policies
- Work with product teams by contributing in defining architectures.
- Be an active participant in the Scrum of Scrums and key products in solution groups.
- Ensure that architecture artefacts and decision-making reflect the GSK wide view and longer-term timeframe when appropriate.
- Align IT to the business to achieve strategies and objectives such as: improved data integration and data quality, simpler and standard architectures.
- Maximize reuse and contribute to the life-cycle of existing standards and services
- Approve architecture and standard exceptions while ensuring each is justifiable.
- Educate key IT and business stakeholders on global and local architecture, the value proposition and alignment with business and IT goals and objectives
- Work with other architects and product teams to align R&D's operations with IT by improving the IT infrastructure and optimizing business operations.
- Embrace the principle of "Loosely Coupled, Highly Cohesive design" to Catalog, Develop, Coordinate and Communicate enterprise and information architectures, representations, capabilities, components, and plans in order for R&D Tech to progress their product plans.
- Work with the engineers and product owners to ensure products align with the strategic target architecture plans as well as help produce effectively designed solutions.
- Contribute in Design and Development of intentional architecture components that act as foundational reusable patterns and enhances product design, performance and usability - and sets direction for cross-team implementation.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or similar discipline
- Proven background in relevant field (e.g. Research, Clinical) / or exposure to enterprise architecture in an IT organization
- Track record in successful architecture and design.
- Track record in delivering business impact through IT enabled solutions.
- Experience of Agile and DevOps
- Proven experience with architecting solutions on Azure or GCP
- Experience with all artefacts of modelling and enterprise
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Drug Discovery and Development systems.
- Good understanding of various software paradigms: procedural, data-driven, object-oriented, functional
- Demonstrable knowledge depth in more than one area of software engineering and technology.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters or PhD in computer science, engineering or similar discipline
- Knowledge Graph (neo4j, GRAKN)
- Experience deploying data catalogues and master data solutions in a large enterprise
- Experience constructing a data fabric or similar architecture
- Design and architecture of BI and analytic environments
- Integration of AI and ML in business applications
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 22nd June 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you are being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.