First Line Leader, Open to flexible working
Secondment / Fixed Term
Here at GSK, we are on the lookout for a First Line Leader to join our talented team in Barnard Castle.
As a First Line Leader (FFL) you will develop and enable a first touch team of operators to consistently deliver outstanding safety, quality, service and value to the person at the end of our supply chain. The role has a direct hour by hour impact on the ambition of the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) Strategy to achieve the three zeros on Accidents, Defects and Waste
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- People Leadership - full people leadership for a team of staff working within a production environment.
- To ensure development of the team, standards of work and data trending activities are visibly demonstrated.
- Ensuring development plans and PDPs are undertaken on a regular basis using various methods. This includes ensuring that the training required is identified, recorded using the appropriate method and ensure that the training is undertaken using local processes.
- Disciplinary, Absence Management, Grievance Procedures as appropriate in country/site.
- Feeding into the sites Strategic Workforce Planning, through strong succession planning and performance management.
- Problem solving and Performance management within the business area that the FLL is responsible for.
- Process Management by creating and confirming standards against the 4M's; Material, Manpower, Method & Measurement.
- Managing safety, quality, compliance and output. This includes being well prepared to have a good shift/batch/day etc.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 25th June 202
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Here at GSK, we are seeking someone that is passionate and able to 'roll up their sleeves' when needed and in return we will offer fantastic career progression and the opportunity to engage with Senior Stakeholders, allowing you to shape and contribute to the success of the business.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Previous team leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability of leadership skills including setting clear expectations, providing positive reinforcing feedback and dealing with issues as they arise.
- Active participation in problem solving and striving for continuous improvement.
- The ability to coach and inspire others to improve.
- Ability to take decisions to stop production if a standard is not being adhered to.
- Previous manufacturing environment experience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Degree level education or equivalent preferred.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.