D&T Global Commercial Business Partner, Open to flexible working
The Digital & Technology vision is to lead the way in the transformation of Diageo business capabilities, leveraging data & digital technology, to create a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Diageo seeks a Business Partner with a forward-thinking perspective with a well-informed point of view on the changing role of technology in supporting and enabling the business. S/he will have a strong grasp of business fundamentals and create the bridge between technology strategy and business strategy.
This BP will provide an inspiring translation of a corporate strategy into specific technology objectives; building strong relationships based on trust with peers. The successful candidate will be energized by opportunities to raise the bar on talent in the organization and will identify talent with capabilities beyond technology.
The successful candidate will be particularly effective at influencing and driving change through others. S/he will have the patience and flexibility to collaborate and engage with customers and colleagues across levels and functions. S/he can work nimbly in a matrixed, global organization, managing independently while keeping others engaged and involving cross-functional colleagues as appropriate.
S/he will shape the future and drive results that positively impact productivity, efficiency, overall customer service levels, and enhance company strategy and profitability.
The purpose of this role is to support the Global Commercial Plan Director to define the D&T strategic plan for Commercial Function aligning to our business goals and outcomes.
Through identifying the specific business capabilities that will truly enable achievement of Diageo strategic goals and developing the improvement roadmap that will achieve these outcomes. Defining the benefit and outcome expectation that capability improvement will deliver over time.
Provide the strategic prioritization within the functional or geographical area of accountability, ensuring access to value in the most efficient way possible.
Track value realization of D&T investment, closing the loop to upcoming planning cycles to maximise benefit by measuring & evaluating the D&T strategic plan.
The role is pivotal in inspiring, collaborating, partnering and aligning with:
- Regional & Market Leadership teams Global Function Leader to shape the strategic Digital & technology plans and roadmaps
Ensuring that D&T is:
- Aligned with Diageo’s mission and goals
- Enabling the achievement of Diageo strategic business objectives
- Delivering optimized return on D&T investment
- Identifying and exploiting opportunities for D&T innovation
Create the strategic D&T plans and roadmaps for the Commercial Function that defines, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, the D&T goals that will contribute to the strategic objectives, identifying the business capabilities to be developed/transformed. Provide external perspectives and provocation to shape approach. The future thinking strategic plan should detail the what and why, to enable Enterprise Architecture to define the how.
Create, align and publish the D&T integrated roadmap (including decommissioning) defining the sequencing of capabilities and markets to access business value, articulating the impact of change and readiness assessment as key inputs to prioritization of the D&T portfolio of investments.
Deliver robust business case development – defining the measures of success and roadmap to achievement.
Actively manage the roadmap prioritisation across market and function sponsors delivering alignment across stakeholders through transparent D&T portfolio allocation and clarity of D& T roadmap.
Provide effective relationship management through transparent and outcome focused engagement with the different Commercial capabilities including Growth, Planning, Execution and E-Commerce to achieve alignment of goals and clear sponsorship for business outcomes, ensuring D&T delivers value and is recognized for doing so.
Market Scope, Accountability & Complexity
This role is focused the Global Commercial Agenda which focuses on 4 key capabilities – Growth, Execution, Planning and E-Commerce. The role will manage the Digital & Technology Plan relationships with Global, Regional & Market Leadership Teams and subject matter experts across the organization.
D&T relationship management success will be critically dependent upon successful joined up Region and Function planning – and subsequently the ownership of stakeholder relationships from the Transform, Run and A&I teams
- Co creating region/market and functional strategies as an inspiring and influential leader – anticipating & identifying future opportunities and providing external perspectives, provocation.
- Development of robust business case to facilitate effective and transparent strategic prioritisation of D&T investment
- Tracking demand and value realization of Digital & Technology investment
- Identify and assess the business capabilities to be developed/transformed
- Identifying high level impact of change from development/transformation of identified business capabilities
- Inspiring Relationships: build deep relationships with and win ‘hearts and minds’ of Regional & Market leadership teams, such that he / she is seen as an influential leader in facilitating conversations to drive breakthroughs in business performances and in maximizing opportunities. The collaboration, partnership and leadership with the other Digital & Technology and Business Engagement teams is pivotal to the delivery of vision, commitments, Market & Functional performance.
- Talent & Capability: Provide subject matter expertise, coaching and assessment /calibration in developing a strong pipeline of talent. Facilitate resource deployment to the highest value at stake areas
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Six + years of progressive responsibilities in an “in-market” business function (e.g. Sales, Finance)
- Experience in identifying and assessing business capability maturity required to deliver strategic outcomes
- An understanding of and/or interest in technology is preferable
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Experience in creation and development of business case to enable investment prioritisation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
Flexible Working options / Travel requirements
It is our goal to reach greater flexibility of resources, which we recognize, may require a greater level of mobility and travel from some of our teams. For this role we anticipate the percentage of travel to be maximum 40%. Pattern of travel will be dependent on the needs of individual initiatives.