Group Strategy Manager, Open to flexible working
Diageo is one of the world's most successful FMCG companies with an enviable portfolio of products. We’re a young company born from an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Tanqueray and many more, over hundreds of years, led to the formation of our company in 1997.
Today our Global Strategy team stands on the shoulder of these giants and acts with the same entrepreneurial spirit and determination. Diageo strategy is composed of two pillars, Corporate Strategy and Market Strategy. The team is currently composed of managers, and this Group Strategy Manager position will come in to drive the most complex and high value at stake strategy projects both in Market and Corporate, and play a critical role in annual strategic planning and ASC.
The Group Strategy role
This is a very independent role which can interface directly across our C-Suite, Regional Presidents, Global Functional Leaders and Market MDs and to frame strategic questions and drive aligned and rigorous answers. It requires the confidence to bring constructive challenge to the top management and deliver outcomes whilst building alignment and understanding of the strategy across the senior leadership team. You will report to the Strategy Director and work on corporate strategy, market and global category strategies, and functional transformation projects.
What you’ll gain from Diageo & the Strategy team
- You'll join a Purpose led organisation with a progressive ESG track record and vision, from sustainability (Society 2030: https://www.diageo.com/en/news-and-media/features/diageo-launches-new-ten-year-sustainability-action-plan/) to a world leading Diversity & Inclusion agenda (https://www.diageo.com/en/careers/inclusion-and-diversity/)
- Winning formula: Global #1 premium spirits company with world-famous share winning brands in an exciting, growing, profitable industry
- Growing & Learning: Learning and development from a FTSE 10 business that leverages CPG best practices
- Career building: we have a track record of placing strategists into the commercial business, with recent placements into leadership roles across marketing, finance, planning, sales, digital and innovation.
- Variety: we work on projects across the full E2E value chain. From global D2C platform visions, to market commercial strategies, to supply chain efficiency; and to financial planning
- Impact: work on the most pressing strategic issues, driving strategy to execution to enable positive change
- Exposure & Network: work cross functionally and collaboratively with senior leadership across the business
What we're looking for in our Group Strategy Manager's
- Positivity: Our job means we’re often answering tough questions, our role is ambiguous, and we have to break down barriers to do it well. We believe in bringing energy, courage and an optimistic mindset to this journey.
- Collaboration: We believe that we do our best work together with others across the business, sharing thoughts, challenging perceptions and mindsets.
- Story-tellers: A strategy is nothing if it is not executed. And it cannot be executed if it is not communicated and understood! We ensure our strategies are clear & concise, using both written word and presentations
- Future-focused: We ensure Diageo is taking the actions required to deliver against longer-term goals. We do this by being the businesses external radar, continually assessing the wider environment, searching for, and understanding potential disruption
- Owners: We are proud of our work and hold ourselves to the highest standards. We are conscientious, thoughtful and precise. We take ownership of our projects and own the relationships with the most senior stakeholders in the business
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celbrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.