After Effects/Motion Graphics Designer/ Animator, Open to flexible working
After Effects/Motion Graphics Designer/ Animator, Internal Agency 368, Enabling Functions
368: the in-house Agency
To make an impact that matters, have an idea that matters.
Like many of today's most successful businesses, Deloitte's finest creative output now comes from within.
368, our in-house agency, are a team of strategists, creatives, filmmakers, developers, event specialists, and more. We work together to create everything from brilliant brand campaigns to beautifully designed bid materials.
Our aim is to create the strategy, ideas and executions that set our brand apart as a world-leader.
Our firm's projects are as diverse and impactful as they come, from tackling the climate crisis, to innovating new technology products. In 368, our role is to help share these incredible stories, bringing them to life via integrated solutions that are as creatively effective as our clients are diverse.
Our Northern hub
Our ambition is for in-house to rival traditional agencies by blending creativity with innate knowledge of our brand, our clients and our business.
In order to achieve this, 368 is evolving. As we further invest in our creative, digital and client service capabilities, we need the brightest, most dynamic and ambitious creative talent available to join us.
That's why we have identified the North of England, specifically Leeds, as the location to base our new creative hub. An already thriving eco-system of creativity, we believe that Leeds is the place which perfectly matches our ambition to create an award-winning, market-leading centre of excellence.
This is an opportunity to join a new agency with a fast-growing creative department dedicated to promoting both the brand and different businesses within Deloitte. It's a role for people who like solving B2B problems and challenges in creative ways, people who can come up with simple and elegant motion graphic solutions within our brand guidelines and tell stories that are clear, confident and human. You will be expected to come up with ideas and design animations/graphics/infographics to a high standard and be able articulate your thinking with enthusiasm and energy to stakeholder clients
This is a role which would suite someone who is highly motivated, who is passionate about exploring new and exciting ways to tell stories and communicate (often quite complicated) information through a range of animations styles, and who is inventive and personable. The role offers variety and the opportunity to push creativity in new and exciting ways. We are on a journey to raise standards across every aspect of our creative output and win major brand and advertising awards.
Responsibilities of the role
- Focused on creating impactful animations/motion graphics that stand out from the mass of content that is awash with corporate, vanilla communications. Many video animations are used by the business to bring factual information to life. You will need create stories that engage from the outset and land key messages in ways that create ‘lean forward moments' and maintain interest.
- Skills in design and scripting are important as well as a hunger to push the boundaries of creativity, working with other members of the team to ensure our work can win awards and reflect the energy, diversity and professionalism of the Deloitte brand.
- You will be working on a range of projects across all the company's stakeholder clients. These include campaign films (like commercials), animated graphics for websites, internal communications which appear on screens externally and within the company that talk about specific initiatives, projects and global communications.
- Increasingly we are exploring how to visualize data with animations that look stunning. We believe there's a huge opportunity to develop some distinctive styles of animated graphics which we can use across a wide range of communications across all areas of business covered by 368.
- You will work as part of a team of creatives to create defining (and award winning) work
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full time basis.
Your professional experience
- A background in creative advertising/design
- Experience in creating imaginative motion graphics/ animation conception
- Strong graphic design, direction and storytelling experience
- Exciting, eye-catching engaging ideas for social media
- Collaborative working with our internal client and agency teams
- Quality control. You will ensure your work is designed to a high standard and aligns with our brand.
- Communication skills. Talking about your ideas with passion and energy but also directing people with empathy and patience
- The path to great work is often bumpy. We want tenacious people who believe in what they do, who can inspire others to go along with their thinking.
Skills and Capabilities
- Adobe Creative Suite/Premier/ After Effects etc. skills
- Strong graphic design skills
- A team player who is keen and hungry for success
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- A strong and articulate communicator
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we're all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you'll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too.
Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what's more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We'll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.