Copywriter (Assistant Manager), Clients & Industries, Open to flexible working & returners
Copywriter (Assistant Manager), Clients & Industries, Enabling Functions, 368 Agency
This is an opportunity to join a new agency with a fast-growing creative department dedicated to promoting both the brand and different businesses within Deloitte. In a traditional agency this role would be called an Art Director, but we're not a traditional agency. It's a role for people who like solving B2B problems and challenges in creative ways, people who can look at often complex, lengthy chunks of text and articulate them clearly, confidently and in a way that feels human. It would suit someone who is highly motivated, who is passionate about creative ideas and who is inventive and personable. The role offers variety and the opportunity to push creativity in new and exciting ways. We are on a journey to raise standards across every aspect of our creative output and win major brand and advertising awards.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
- Focused on ideating and writing across all areas of business covered by 368. These include videos for events, presentations and content; digital comms including websites, banners, mobile; reports, invitations, brochures; social media.
- Working with designers and as part of bigger teams to create defining (and award winning) work.
- Concepts. Big, bold ideas for brand campaigns and specific projects that need multiple executions
- Scriptwriting. Experience in writing impactful film ideas (to a range of budgets) that resonate in ways that drive engagement and response. You will need to have imaginative storytelling skills, and ability to solve challenges laterally.
- Short and long copy. Restructuring copy to make it more relevant and engaging, human and award winning
- Collaborative working with our internal client and agency teams
- Quality Control. Checking copy for grammar, punctuation and communication hierarchy
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a Full Time basis.
“Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate
Your professional experience
- An ability to come up with problem solving, campaign-driven creative ideas to an award-winning standard
- The ability to take complex, dull copy and turn it into clear, simple, intelligent concise and human writing that will resonate with different audiences
- Ability to work across multiple campaigns and initiatives
- Someone who can handle pressure, with multiple priorities and deadlines with a smile
- A team player who shows evidence of working with others to get things done,
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- A strong and articulate communicator
- Someone with the imagination to understand the Deloitte brand and how to elevate it
Skills and Capabilities?
- This role requires a minimum of 1 year's background in creative advertising/design agencies
- Great script writing skills for TV and video content as well as print (advertising, brochures, DM) and digital experience (email marketing, website content, social media and video)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- A strong and articulate communicator
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we're all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you'll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too.
Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what's more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We'll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.