Director, Data & Analytics, Open to flexible working
GSK is going through a transformation to adopt a data driven strategy, putting our customers at the center of that strategy.
We are looking for a senior data & analytics leader that can help us drive this shift to an omni-channel way of working.
The GPMO team is developing new capabilities that will prepare the enterprise marketeers to lead in the future healthcare environment that continues to be disrupted and transformed.
The key focus areas of this role are the following:
- Create a valuation strategy that helps to quantify the top-line sales & profit maximisation as this team shifts from being viewed as a cost-saving initiative for Regions to maximising profit through digital activation.
- Provide key requirements into Pharma Tech around the data and systems required for an optimal digital marketing, digital optimization, and digital customer experience (including micro-segmentation and personalization)
- Provide analytics capabilities to the team around the Channels and systems in scope include paid and social media, websites and personalization, audience segmentation and management, experimentation and digital analytics, 1st party customer and visitor data management, and attribution and marketing mix model collaboration.
- Become a key influencer and leader across the organization, regularly interacting with GPMO leadership team, Pharma Tech, Digital Hub and CEP brand marketing teams to set the vision and requirements needed to support new capabilities.
- Leads the definition of a unified customer view, which may be part of a suite of tools from a large vendor or part of a best-of-breed hub and spoke model.
- Oversees completion of data related projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives, while influencing sequencing and scheduling of work.
- Oversees complex data analysis with multiple data sets (internal and external to GSK databases/systems) to inform senior leadership decision making and action
- Responsible for setting up unified source of truth, dashboards that drive in flight optimization of campaigns
- Strong understanding of data & programmatic media buying to optimize ROI on banner ads
- Assesses digital marketing data and systems and identifies risks and opportunities to enhance capability development.
- Identifies inefficiencies in data-to-decision processes across digital analytics, personalization, business intelligence, and experimentation domains and recommends solutions to improve.
- Determine priorities of the digital marketing data ecosystem within the broader data systems and architecture.
- Partner with Technology and Data stakeholders to evaluate data environments and develop roadmaps to close gaps.
- Ensure data is readily available to support metrics and models; promote cohesive and integrated decision-making with the department
- Identify data required to build and enhance customer profiles and customer behavioural models. This may include licensing 2nd and 3rd party digital data.
- Ensures data usage meets privacy policies and industry compliance and regulatory requirements. Strong understanding of GDPR
- Adheres to governance rigor of existing data mart processes, procedures, controls, standards, tools and templates (as required).
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of experience with digital marketing or digital strategy leadership role
- 5+ years of experience with digital data and personalization solutions to include Marketing Cloud vendors, Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), Data Management Platforms (DMPs), Campaign Orchestration, Digital Analytics, Demand Side Platforms (DSPs), A/B Testing / Personalization Engines, Product Recommendation Engines, Tag Management Solutions, Digital Attribution, and Data Onboarding
- Experience creating relational data structures
- Experience working in a large, highly matrixed, enterprise with competing priorities across teams
- Strong leadership skills that translate into continually elevated work outputs
- Organized, structured, analytical and logical; strong problem-solving skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in analytics, data science or related field
- Experience working within the Microsoft Azure cloud environment
- Product Management experience, ideally in Lean/Agile/DevOps environments
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, analysis, technical and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, and keep projects on track to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently, with minimal direction
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.