Finance Officer - part time 30 hours per week / flexible working
If you are an AAT Qualified Finance Officer (or working towards qualification) looking for a role that also lets you get involved in the wider work of the charity, we might have the job for you.
Our Finance Officer supports all the day to day finance functions of our charity, looking after the company bank accounts, being responsible for the accounts payable and accounts receivable duties, dealing with payroll and gift aid processing etc. You would be the first point of contact for any routine finance queries. Alongside this, you will also support our Funding Team, carrying out due diligence checks on funding applications and attending grants panels to minute and record the decisions made, thereby getting a real insight into the core work of our charity.
You will need to be unflappable, used to working in a multi-functional role, whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail. Experience of SAGE Line 50 and/or Salesforce would be a huge advantage in getting you started quickly in this role.
Day to day financial processes
- Processing of all accounts payable/receivable transactions including donations, invoices, grant payments, expenses, credit cards, standing orders, direct debit etc. through SAGE and the banking system.
- Dealing with supplier queries regarding payments and some chasing of debtors
- Monthly bank reconciliations and back up of banking system.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Ledger, Prepayments and Accruals records.
- Banking and control of cheques and cash receipts.
- Management and reconciliation of petty cash.
- Administration and reconciliation of payments/ repayments of Social Investment Loans.
- Processing receipts from JustGiving and other third party sites.
- Processing Gift Aid applications.
- Processing and reconciling donations and grants payments through the Salesforce database.
- Financial due diligence on organisations making applications for grants, crisis funds and loans to ensure that they are financially stable and that financial eligibility criteria are met.
- Governance due diligence on organisations making applications for grants, crisis funds and loans to ensure that they are properly constituted and eligible to apply for Heart of Bucks funding.
- Preparation, in conjunction with the Grants Team, of information required by Grants Panel members in advance of each meeting
- Attendance and minute taking at Grants Panel meetings
- Monthly payroll reports and processing of payslips (8-12 employees) in Sage
- Monthly HMRC payments
Funds and reporting
As required, supporting the Head of Finance with:
- Reconciliation of funds
- Preparation of reports
- Liaising with Auditors to produce annual accounts
- Preparation for and minuting of meetings
- Contribute to team building and development
- Work collaboratively to support the effectiveness of the whole team
- Participate and contribute to team/ organisational events
Heart of Bucks is a Living Wage Employer, registered as a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and a Disability Confident Employer.
We will be interviewing as applications are received, so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement when the post is filled.
To apply upload your CV and a covering statement via the method below.