Senior Manager – Marketing Engagement Project Lead, Open to flexible working & returners
Senior Manager – Marketing Engagement Project lead, Clients and Industries, Enabling Functions - 12 Months FTC
368 is Deloitte's internal creative agency, providing a range of marketing services including strategy, creative, production, and channel activation.
Now in our 2nd year as an agency, we are entering an exciting phase of building out our strategic and creative offering to develop industry changing marketing and award-winning creative.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Manager to lead the project streams aligned to Marketing Engagement as a 12-month maternity cover placement. You will need to ensure you build and deliver on the offerings strategic objectives and priorities, as well as managing the associated budgets, whilst working in partnership with third party vendors. You will also be challenged with working alongside the 368 Strategy team in providing rounded cross channel strategies, focusing on marketing engagement, to support business and corporate led marketing campaigns and initiatives such as ABM. Your role will also require supporting, through mentoring and coaching, a team of 5 in the UK with 3 FTEs supporting offshore as part of our extended delivery team.
We are looking for someone who is able to combine business understanding with in-depth knowledge and experience of marketing automation techniques to support enhanced stakeholder relationships and drive innovative approaches in delivering email marketing campaigns.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
- Ensure effective delivery of the Marketing Engagement priority roadmap, working with the Managers in the team and with senior support. This includes successful integration of key marketing technologies with Marketo.
- Lead the way in driving a client-centric approach to automated marketing activity to ensure our campaign activity has maximum impact.
- Work closely with social media lead to drive cross-channel marketing automation.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support for the team in supporting firm-driven initiatives such as Academy integration and ServiceNow migration.
- Represent 368 and C&I in key conversations relating to marketing automation, marketing data and data/systems connectivity (with support from the Managers in the team)
- Represent the UK in key conversations with colleagues across North & South Europe, driving best practice use of Marketo and ensuring input into any key decisions around cross-border campaigns
- Represent UK in conversations with Global, working with other Senior Managers from 368, across key areas such as Marketo global contract, marketing data approach and connectivity, marketing technologies, CRM and platform integrations
- Project manage and deliver against financial year plan, keeping to time and budget to support progressive channel development.
- Overall responsibility for team delivery and stakeholder satisfaction, including problem solving.
- Collaborate closely with the Strategy team and Marketer to understand different client journeys and the data required for us to automate communications based on data-derived insight, planning and modelling.
- Support development and implementation of ABM pilot activity
- Mentor and coach, a team of 5 across both Marketing Engagement in the UK.
- You will report directly to the Agency Strategy Lead and work very closely with other Senior Managers in the agency and the Agency Lead.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role can be based UK wide
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a Full Time basis.
“Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate
Your professional experience
- Credible in your understanding of the broader marketing mix, and have subject matter expertise in marketing automation.
- A strong understanding and experience of implementing and maturing marketing automation platforms - Marketo in particular
- A proactive, progressive and analytical mindset.
- Demonstrate clear leadership skills, and ability to create an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution, and proven line management / team development experience.
- Demonstration of ability to plan, build, deploy and measure campaigns and progammes.
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders as well as having the ability to influence amongst peers as well as more senior leadership.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to package and frame how the Marketing Engagement offering is positioned, represent the Agency and the Strategy offering across C&I and the firm.
Skills and Capabilities
- Experience in a marketing, with a focus on marketing automation, with an excellent understanding of B2B campaigns development and execution.
- Proven experience delivering to a strategic vision for a multi-channel campaign approach to corporate and business led campaigns.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, suitable for leading change at senior levels within a firm.
- A solid understanding of digital marketing disciplines including channel strategies.
- Experience in leading and delivery of projects to scope and time.
- Familiarity with analytics to drive strategy development, optimise campaigns and develop learning agendas.
- Solid working knowledge of MS office tools, especially Excel.
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we're all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you'll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too.
Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what's more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We'll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.