Information Security Manager, Open to flexible working - homeworking available
Starting salary: from £65,851.50 dependent on experience
Job Level and Salary Range: Level 6, Zone 1; £59,865 - £73,166
Work Location: 5 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG with remote working arrangements available
Hours per week: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Closing Date: Friday 02 July 2021, 23:59
Interviews to be held: 09 July 2021
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Camden is changing on the inside to make life better for everyone. Because we're not just home to the UK's fast-growing economy. We're home to the most important conversations happening today. And we're making radical social change a reality so that nobody gets left behind. As our Information Security Manager, you will be the strategic lead for the Council's approach to Information Security, including Compliance and Cybersecurity Operations.
Reporting to the Head of Technology, the Information Security Manager will build and lead our Information Security Team and community at London Borough of Camden. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring that Information Security is part of the Council's culture through leadership, awareness campaigns and business partnering.
You will work across Camden to provide expert advice on the selection, design, justification, implementation and operation of all information security policies, controls and management strategies to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and relevant compliance of information systems.
You will collaborate with key stakeholders across Camden, including the Corporate Information Governance Team and the Internal Audit and Risk Management Teams, to ensure a holistic approach to Information security. You'll lead the design and implementation of a formal Information Security Management System (ISMS) to understand, manage and mitigate Camden's InfoSec risks.
You will also develop Camden's Cybersecurity capabilities further, ensuring that we detect, analyse, and defend our most complex and interdependent systems. You'll also ensure that we consider security-by-design in everything that we do.
You will have extensive experience managing an Information Security function and delivering services in a complex organisation. You will be an excellent communicator and influencer, confident to use your skills and experience to lead Camden's approach in this critical area, ensuring that our data remains secure and that we make decisions based on risk. Staying ahead of criminals is a significant part of the job, and you will be passionate about leading our approach to protecting Camden's information assets and systems.
You will be an experienced problem solver who can work on your initiative and with others to identify creative and innovative solutions. You will also be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work and have excellent organisational skills to manage a complex and varied workload, including projects.
Camden is on a journey to transform our digital experiences through the use of cloud technology. Ideally, you will have experience operating in a cloud environment that will enable you to assist with Camden's cloud strategy, including building and developing skills across our Information Security and broader Technology service.
Core skills include:
- Extensive experience in Information Security and Cyber Security, preferably with accompanying relevant professional certifications to demonstrate competency. CISM or CISSP certification is highly desirable
- Strong stakeholder skills and experience working in developing a collaborative culture both within technology and the broader organisation
- Experience developing a strategy and corresponding roadmap, implementing governance models and taking complex organisations through this journey
- Expert in corporate, industry and professional standards, regulations, compliance, and codes of conduct associated with the role, including ISO 27001
- Expert in methods and techniques for risk management, business impact analysis, countermeasures and contingency arrangements relating to the serious disruption of IT Services
- Appropriate technical knowledge covering technologies used to monitor and protect information systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) products
We're ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine our corporate services, and we'll redefine what a career can be.
This role will require an Enhanced DBS Check.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.