Infrastructure Engineer - Key Transformation Projects, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Our Infrastructure Engineers will be a primary Group CIO point of contact for infrastructure solutions delivery for their aligned Lab or project reporting to the Value Stream Connector.
They're responsible for the systems integration of infrastructure solutions to support key transformational project (Value Stream) aligned OKRs to time and quality.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data - with a Software Engineering led approach, all as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
We're expanding our Infrastructure Engineering teams to support a number of these strategic transformational initiatives led by our Group Transformation area.
Want to know more?
As one of our Infrastructure Engineers you'll act as the primary CIO point of contact for infrastructure solutions delivery for an aligned Group Transformation Lab or project and work for a senior "Value Stream Connector" (VSC) colleague. You'll also be accountable for the systems integration of infrastructure solutions to time and quality standards you'll deliver key Value Stream aligned objectives without impacting on the service.
What would you be doing?
You'll provide technical systems integration expertise in collaboration with your Group Transformation colleagues by working within a squad/lab/project team. You'll also transform business requirements and specifications into detailed designs and explore the infrastructure delivery options, developing design ideas as you go.
Additionally you'll be building in infrastructure specific requirements for delivery; for example Non-functional Requirements (NFR), infrastructure detail, volumetrics, and test environments you'll bring the best solution to life. Taking the lead in all aspects of infrastructure change within the Lab/project goals throughout their lifecycle means you could be involved with infrastructure build activities or leading the resources supporting the project through the testing cycles and into the live environment.
And you'll support Group Transformation to ensure all the Service Introduction Gateway work is produced by the various CIO supply lines and ensure a smooth handover to Business as Usual. Finally you'll support Disaster Recovery tests if applicable and lead resources to address infrastructure defects found over the Warranty Period
It's a truly collaborative set up where you'll get to discuss solutions with domain experts to validate solutions and work with Software Engineers to describe and refine NFT needs.
And beyond the technical elements?
Working with Engineering and your VSC you'll segment larger workloads into discrete project elements and produce/owns cost estimate for infrastructure change. And you'll provide ongoing estimates of demand planning for CIO and 3rd party resources and forecast the infrastructure components required to support the Lab/feature team/project team goals.
So what about your Infrastructure skills?
We'd be looking for varying levels of experience across the following areas:
- Exposure to multiple infrastructure technologies (Server, Storage, Network) in a Design and/or implementation role.
- Experience of Cloud migration would be desirable.
- Experience of end-to-end project delivery.
- A PSM qualification or Agile environment experience
- A Systems Thinking qualification or exposure to the methodology and working practices will set your application apart.
- Previous Banking/Finance industry experience will be very useful.
And you'll be passionate about engineering standard methodologies such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
And what about you?
- Whilst skills, knowledge and prior experience are meaningful to us we want people who are highly motivated, and enthusiastic with an inquisitive and curious approach to work.
- We keep our group values of Keeping it Simple, Making a Difference Together and Putting Customers First at the heart of our ethos so you will be committed to similar values and combine this with a love of learning.
- We're also a people business and to support these huge technical endeavours you'll need a range of interpersonal skills and take a collaborative approach.
What would you get in return?
You'd get a benefits package that includes;
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.