Assistant Manager, Corporate Turnaround, Open to flexible working & returners
Assistant Manager, Corporate Turnaround, Advisory Corporate Finance, Financial Advisory
The Corporate Turnaround team is an integral part of Deloitte's Debt & Capital Advisory practice, providing independent advice and world class execution of stressed and distressed advisory opportunities across the full spectrum of corporates through the Firm's global network.
Deloitte Corporate Turnaround sits within Debt & Capital Advisory and alongside Value Creation Services, a team of 150 Deloitte professionals, making it one of the largest teams operating in the UK market. The team plays a key role for FA more broadly, hosting our Global Special Situations advisory desk in London, and linking with our DCA, VCS and Turnaround & Restructuring teams in EMEA (over 750 professionals) and globally as part of the Firm’s DMO initiative (involving 6,000 professionals across Deloitte)
The DCA practice covers a wide deal flow in the UK and internationally, giving us an excellent read on what is achievable within the good book, stressed and distressed markets. The business has grown at roughly 20% per year every year since inception thirteen years ago and maintained the original ‘start-up’ mentality and drive throughout that period.
Our team has a mandate to build a focused Corporate Turnaround Advisory team and is looking for a talented individual with the relevant experience to build a team.
We are seeking to expand and are always interested to speak to talented individuals with a restructuring, performance improvement, accounting, treasury or leveraged finance background and an interest in learning about our Corporate Turnaround business.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your role within this high-performance and fast-paced team will be to assist clients achieve their funding and performance objectives which will incorporate a wide range of turnaround engagements including advice on company business reviews, performance improvements and lender negotiations, optimal capital structures, negotiating new money fundraisings, refinancing and restructuring existing debt facilities.
For further information about the Corporate Turnaround and Debt & Capital Advisory teams please see our website.
We operate across all sectors and we are currently looking for an Assistant Manager.
As an Assistant Manager in the Corporate Turnaround team you will be:
- Working on a range of advisory projects with regular interaction with clients, banks, private credit funds, lawyers, advisors and other service lines
- Assisting with day to day management of transaction processes, including the preparation of business reviews, information packs, management presentations, financial analysis and client communications
- Industry/company research for both deal origination and transaction analysis
- Financial modelling, including analysing business forecasts, evaluating scenario analysis and covenant calculations
- Negotiating commercial terms related to debt structuring within a term sheet
- Contribution to marketing and business development activities
- Building a network across the various parties that are involved in transactions (e.g. PE houses, banks, private credit funds, lawyers, advisors and other service lines within Deloitte)
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- ACA qualification (or equivalent)
- Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and analyse large amounts of data quickly
- A commitment to delivering an exceptional service to clients, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
- Perfect fluency in oral and written English
- A sound commercial acumen and understanding of UK financial markets and debt-related products
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Proven project management and organisational skills
- Ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial analysis for inclusion in presentations and client reports
- The self-confidence/appetite to be involved in business development activities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop, coach and motivate junior members of the team
If you are interested in working in an exciting and empowering environment we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your application online.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.