Business Development Assistant, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You’ll coordinate all business development activities across the Financial Services sector targeting existing and prospect clients. You’ll undertaken analysis of the sector and client base and support the Head of Business Development and wider Business Development Team in the creation and maintenance of sales pipelines.
- Be a part of a team. You will report to the Head of Business Development and work alongside the Business Development Managers, within Grant Thornton’s Finance Services Group (FSG).
- Take responsibility. You’ll assist with all business development go to market initiatives and client follow up activities, client data and the mapping of clients across financial services sector which includes Capital Markets, Insurance, Investment Management, Banking, plus assist with meeting generation
- Build your brand. Given the importance of this role, there will be exciting opportunities for the right person to grow their firmwide network, expand their knowledge and develop their skillset. This is a unique opportunity to develop your profile across the firm and work with client facing teams.
The minimum criteria
- You’ll be educated to degree level
- You’ll have a proven track record of working with data and providing research
Skills to set you apart.
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Experience of managing own time and completing multiple tasks/assignments with potentially competing deadlines.
- You’ll have a proactive team player attitude.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of MS Office, MS Power BI and Tableau
- Additional experience of Python, SQL, AWS, GCP, Azure would be welcomed but not essential.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.